Sign in to follow this  
JYW

PMDG MD-11 install, after 747v3 install?

Hi,

I was wanting to install my PMDG MD-11, but I have just installed the 747v3 on release day, and wanted to check whether installing the legacy MD-11 after the 747v3 would screw anything up?

(I remember installing the old 747, after the 777 and I think I lost some menus, etc).

Thanks

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

would screw anything up?

Yes and no. Yes, it may screw things up because the old code is so old that it won't work on certain hardware/OSes. No, because it's entirely separate from the 744.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes and no. Yes, it may screw things up because the old code is so old that it won't work on certain hardware/OSes. No, because it's entirely separate from the 744.

Thanks. No issues running it on my hardware in the past, so as long as it doesn't interfere with the 747's configuration, all sounds good!

Bill

Thanks. No issues running it on my hardware in the past, so as long as it doesn't interfere with the 747's configuration, all sounds good!

Welcome! If you run into issues, simply uninstall and send us a ticket. We can remove some of the entries from your dll.xml to get the sim working again.

By the way, it isn't so much the hardware, as much as the drivers on the hardware. If Win Updates update your hardware's drivers, it could suddenly stop working.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Welcome! If you run into issues, simply uninstall and send us a ticket. We can remove some of the entries from your dll.xml to get the sim working again.

By the way, it isn't so much the hardware, as much as the drivers on the hardware. If Win Updates update your hardware's drivers, it could suddenly stop working.

Awesome support - thanks Kyle.

Bill

Hi,

I was wanting to install my PMDG MD-11, but I have just installed the 747v3 on release day, and wanted to check whether installing the legacy MD-11 after the 747v3 would screw anything up?

(I remember installing the old 747, after the 777 and I think I lost some menus, etc).

Thanks

Hi,

I've actually reinstalled my MD-11 earlier and haven't noticed any problems currently. I flew my 747 aswell and didn't seem to encounter any errors.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Jason Thompson

Or...OR.....You guys can start updating the MD-11 again to keep it current.  You know minor fixes, new graphics, optimized coding....the simple stuff :-D beatdeadhorse.gif

• Upvote 6

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Brian,

Please stop by my office and see me on your way out please.  :P

Oh cool! Sounds like I get the top secret upgraded P3D version.....or is that a bat in your hands?
  • Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Oh cool! Sounds like I get the top secret upgraded P3D version.....or is that a bat in your hands?

Definitely the bat! I'm with you though. Love my MD-11 and now that I've recently made the move to P3D, lets just say the tricycle needs crutches.