Sign in to follow this  
GrayGhostVA

Just a 747v3 approach into Kai Tak

I saw a picture somewhere of this airline in a right-hand turn onto runway 13, and I just had to recreate it. I'm loving this bird so much.

(I took this screen shot while I was using instant replay so the wing flex is borked.)

b9d523e0b7821872a7a833e1b987e65b.png

• Upvote 3

- Sean Lewis

Yeah good job! a trip back in time! 

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

I did this very flight myself yesterday evening, using the -400D.   Man, the handling of this aircraft when hand flying it makes this approach feel easy!   It was the first time I did the approach and it was perfect.   I love the ground effect modeling of this new bird as well - it really settles nicely onto that cushion of air before dropping ever so gently onto the runway.   I have had three landings now in different conditions, one in quite a bit of turbulence yet they all turned out to be extremely graceful landings.

Over the weekend I am taking our VA-livery -400ER, which is our new flagship by the way, for a nice long flight again.   Good days, these, good days!

Regards