Sign in to follow this  
wb5okj

X-Plane 11 and G Plan?

The newer version certainly can - I use it myself. This is V3.1.4.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Could you tell me how to get it to do that. Do you build your database from 11 or from 10 ?

Thanks,

Don,

You can run WITH xp-11 but you need to use 10 data....point the database build to xp10.exe.

I built from 10 but you can build from 11 by using this patch from Tim at Plan-G.   http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3578.15   see the fine print at reply #26.

I found that running 11  from 10 data that it works fine, but you will see a few navaid errors.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Yes, I built from XP 10 data as well.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Don,

You can run WITH xp-11 but you need to use 10 data....point the database build to xp10.exe.

I built from 10 but you can build from 11 by using this patch from Tim at Plan-G.   http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3578.15   see the fine print at reply #26.

I found that running 11  from 10 data that it works fine, but you will see a few navaid errors.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck,

I have the 10 data base built, but how do you get G Plan to find X-Plane 11.

You will need xpuipc installed in 11,just like u did in 10.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

I have XPUIPC installed but G Plan still doesn't connect with 11.

Thanks for the answers.

I just took a look at my Plan-G set up Don.  In the Data build options I have C:\X-Plane 10 USA and at present its running with XP-11.  I do have XP-10 & 11 installed on the computer. So I am still pointing to 10 but loading 11 and flying 11.  All works (with the exception of some Navaids incorrect. especially NDB's)  Flight plans pretty much work.

FS connections are XPUIIPC, IPV4.

I really should give that patch from Tim a try, but I am of the thought "if it ain't broke don't fix it."  Just awaiting Plan-G new build for 11.

Chuck

I really should give that patch from Tim a try, but I am of the thought "if it ain't broke don't fix it." Just awaiting Plan-G new build for 11.

Wise thing Chuck, if it ain't broke, I did download the patch and have lost all the data points in the map. Reverted back to 3.1.3 and still the same no data. I can see the plane but can't get any information from the map. Also can't fnd a ClearAllSettngs.exe in the program so it not clearing the registry when I uninstall. LOL. Like you I will jus wait for the update.

Darn, I can't figure out where the trouble is. I looked all over mine and I can't find the ClearAllSettings either, maybe he took it out in 314.  Well, probably your next best bet is to ask on the Plan-g forum.

Might take Tim a few days to answer or sometimes a Alpha tester will chime in. Ah wait !! You just did... :smile:

I did find this on the site: 

xx.gif
Re: Where is "ClearAllSettings.exe"?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 10:24:06 AM »

In v3 you can just delete the config file (refer to the readme for its location

Hope it works,  Chuck

A big thanks Chuck for all the help. I finally got everything starightened out and am running both 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 very nice programs.

I sill can't get 3.1.4 to connect to XP 11. I can generate a flight plan, print it out and use the plan in XP11, that is usually good enough for me.

One Ham to another,

73's

RR, dropped u a note on the Plan-G forum, maybe Tim will read it and take note of what your work around might be.

Glad we could be of some assistance.

Chuck

w9nwr