Sign in to follow this  
cx777

Red EPR EICAS

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:06 AM, jgoggi said:

Won't this be related to the more times highlighted bug of the actual N1 constantly increasing by itself during HOLD mode at takeoff (when it should not change, unless the pilot moves the throttles), so exceeding the takeoff reference N1, with the danger of an engine exceedance?

No. This is not at all related to that issue. As I've noted several times in responses to you, that issue is protected within the AT margins. The issue seen here is caused by hardware positions overriding the AT.

36 minutes ago, funkyhut1 said:

Just had a derated T/O from VTCC  go rogue in the red. 25% gas in the tanks and few PAX. I assume this is now something the great folks @ PMDG are looking at? 

Yes.

...but as I'll always note here, if you find something, please report it via the official avenue. It's troublesome to me when I see people post here and assume/hope we'll happen upon it. Posts here aren't guaranteed to be seen. Tickets are. I'd hate for something to go floating off into the ether because someone didn't use the official support avenue to report something. A lot of us on the team were scattered about this weekend. I ignored the forum entirely from about Thursday until late last night. I can state categorically that I did not read every single thread, or even every post within those threads.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I had the same problem, however, when I changed A/T Derate to 1500 ft instead of at CLB1 in the T/O REF page the problem disappeared. Don't know if this has already been tried, but it worked for me. 

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:37 PM, 777200lrf said:

This happened to me 2 hours ago out of Quito on my current flight, advanced throttles gently, pressed TOGA, flap 20 takeoff no de-rate. real weather. 747BCF pw engines. first time I used no de-rate and my EPR still has the red boxes in cruise. - David Lee

Not to hijack the thread, but are you flying out of the old airport or the new?  And in the event it is the new what scenery are you using?

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

On 8/29/2017 at 4:46 AM, FLHXRider said:

Not to hijack the thread, but are you flying out of the old airport or the new?  And in the event it is the new what scenery are you using?

I recommend north_central_ecuador_v2.zip in the library here

It uses default buildings but much better than nothing and for free

Make sure you have a mesh product I use FreeMeshX - David Lee

I have this issue too. Noticed on -400PW (at least).

EPR goes to red after takeoff on one (or two) engines, and stay always in red, even with lower values

4 hours ago, jasoncardeira said:

and stay always in red, even with lower values

Yeah, once the limit it exceeded, it's going to stay that way until you bring it in to have it inspected. Potential damage to the engine is going to need to be looked at by maint, so the plane isn't going to let you forget it just because the values have been reigned in.

Kyle Rodgers

I've had this issue with PW4056 engines as well.

Take off was normal, then as power was reduced to CLB the A/T kept fluctuating thrust on Eng 1+2 and alternating with thrust on Eng 3+4. EPR went into the red.

I disconnected A/T, manually set CLB power and the issue was gone.

This doesn't happen on RB211 or non EPR engines.

It happened multiple times with the 4056' from 'benign' airports such as TNCM and EHBK.

Hope this helps the troubleshooting process.

If not, I can probably create a video.

Regards

Mark Foti

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

I have also experienced this issue and I am 100% certain it was not my error.

It has occurred in both climb and in cruise (I have more than 1,000 hours in the PMDG 744 at this point). I have seen this issue maybe 6 or 7 times. I have seen it happen in all the 744 engine types.

I suspect it is related to activesky weather changes. The issue is most likely happening at weather transitions in the activesky weather world. I have seen it happen when I entered light-moderate turbulence at cruise altitude. Time acceleration may also exacerbate the problem.

I have also seen it happen when performing step climbs (no time acceleration when it happened).

I generally fly the 744 at near maximum payload but with medium to light fuel loads, my typical flights are in east Asia and take less than 3 hours from clock on to clock off.

My throttle override setting is set to off, my throttles and yoke are disabled during autopilot flight.

This issue happened after update the PMDG 744, it was working fine before the update.

MoDez

I have re-installed the first version of PMDG 747-400x Queen of the Skies and the problem is gone. I am not going to bother to update in the future. If it's not broken don't fix it.

Mo Dez

I have had this issue as well using the Saitek throttle. It won't happen if I select TOGA and do NOT push the throttle beyond 75%. If I go Full Throttle, I get the red and a bunch of spikes. I just have no idea how to correct this. And it just started happening somewhat recently.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Kendall, does your throttle have slightly sticky/spiky potentiometers? When you move the throttle levers, do they jitter around a lot until you stop touching them? It's possible this could be connected to the problem.

My saitek throttle quadrant is slightly spiky after 3 years but not enough to create any difficulty when flying manually.

Hi James,

I don't know, but I will certainly check. For now, stopping at 75% has fixed the issue.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!