Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Addon Scenery

I've been swimming now for about five years and tonight I discovered a company that I never new existed. It's called  PacSim. I got to thinking are there

other companies out there that I should know about? I know about Fly Tampa, FSDreamteam, etc. but what about the lesser known companies. I am interested mainly the scenery

but any addon that is worth mentioning would be appreciated. Thanks!

Swimming?? Australian crawl.…breast-stroke (pun intended). Scenery?? How about ORBX?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I've been swimming now for about five years!

Sorry, couldn't help but chuckle at the spell correct from simming to swimming. My phone does that all the time.

You forgot some good ones:

FlightBeam

LatinVFR

Taxi2Gate

Imaginesim

Heck there are a lot more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Go over to simmarket and search FSX scenery and you'll find tons of stuff, some good, some bad, but a good selection none the less. They have places where people put comments on the products so you can see what purchasers say about it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

To add to those mentioned above, in my opinion, UKXtreme (UK2000) and RF Scenery Building are also very good. Aerosoft publish some great airport sceneries but, beware, they use different developers and a small number of their products can bring even a powerful system to its knees! Although the majority of their airports are very good, you need to check the various reviews, etc carefully for performance issues before you buy an Aerosoft airport.

If you want to make a big impression on your overall flight sim world, consider Orbx FTX Global, FTX Open LC and possibly some of the Orbx regions if you tend to fly VFR in those areas. As an alternative the Flight 1 Ultimate Terrain and Ground Environment series of addons also provide an excellent overall improvement to the flight sim world.

Bill

PacSim has definitely been under the radar.  I bought several of their airports years ago when they were just starting out.  Each airport got better and better.  I think their Salt Lake City release will finally be their breakout airport and get known better.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi Folks,

For more obscure ones:

iBlueYonder (Bill Womack) - recently released KACK Nantucket MA - and A320's land there too...

Turbulant Designs (formally part of ORBX now distributed via JustFlight) - recently released L35 Big Bear CA...

Twentynine Palms - KTNP Twentynine Palms CA...

All the above are EXCEPTIONAL...

LatinVFR and Taxi2Gate are better known - LatinVFR's KEYW Key West FL is probably the airport I have the most time flying into and out of - out of all my airports... Both companies are known for high quality airports...

PACSIM's - KSLT Salt Lake City UT - is definitely on my list to pick up...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7