Sign in to follow this  
Gong

747 v3 Steady VAS increase [Due to nVidia drivers - not 747]

I have driver 378.49 installed, no problems, knok on wood. :smile:

Edit- I am on my fifth flight, have about 30 % remaining VAS

Can you give us your FSX setting ? texture_max_load ; lod_radius ; sceneries flown ?

For myself, I use the settings in the video above for Nvidia inspector. But I can't land the 747 when arriving southwest to LFPG, probably because of my sceneries (Aerosoft Mega airport Orly X and Taxi2Gate Paris CDG).

Alf DAGNON - Flight enthusiast

VA France - AF024

I just bought this and I have all Orbx scenery.  I never have VAS issues but last night after buying and installing it all I did was a short pattern flight around KPSP.  Yes things were extremely smooth with FPS of 60+.  However, I was astonished to just read the above where you did all your beta testing using clean builds and no add-ons. This isn't very real considering most people have a ton of scenery addons.  After a simple pattern flight my VAS was tanked down to something like 400 MB left.  If I had made another pattern I would have OOM'd.  P3D 3.4 without the latest HF.  Win 7 64.

I did not say that we *only* tested on vanilla installs during beta - I assumed that was understood, sorry. When we had what looked like a leak in testing, *then* we would move to isolate variables and determine whether it was the airplane or something else. That is the only way this is even possible - if you throw a whole bunch of confounding variables into the equation, you have no idea what's influencing what anymore - this is a basic tenet of science and experimental design.

We absolutely tested with full slates of addons in addition - most of my own time was spent with Orbx, FSDT, Flightbeam, AS2016, etc all installed alongside the airplane.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I was having VAS issues with the 78.49 drivers. I don't own the 747, yet ;) It was happening only at high altitude and the type of aircraft didn't matter. It was happening with the F22.

Reverting back to the 76.33 eliminated the problem

Asus GTX 1080 Strix, 7700K with an Asus Maximus Hero Z270 board

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

The reason why so many people have problems with vas is that:

1. They have mess on PC

2. They expect too much from simulator

3. They don't compromise

I have tons of various add-ones. Never had OOM (wait, I did. Back in 2010 or 2011 when I pushed fsx to the max with Orbix Australia and Canberra airport landing NGX). Ever since, never. And I use AS2016, Rex, airports, Full Orbix, do not u install sceneries.

So, clean up, start from the scratch and expect what is REAL.

Now, feel free to release the hate on me, I don't care.

• Upvote 4

Tom Link

The reason why so many people have problems with vas is that:

1. They have mess on PC

2. They expect too much from simulator

3. They don't compromise

I have tons of various add-ones. Never had OOM (wait, I did. Back in 2010 or 2011 when I pushed fsx to the max with Orbix Australia and Canberra airport landing NGX). Ever since, never. And I use AS2016, Rex, airports, Full Orbix, do not u install sceneries.

So, clean up, start from the scratch and expect what is REAL.

Now, feel free to release the hate on me, I don't care.

Really? And all this time I thought is was to do with trying to fit multiple multi-gigabyte systems into a four gigabyte address space, using a single threaded framework based on a 16 year old code base that was released ten years ago, but since you dont have any problems, you dont have any reason to care.   

Well. Paul, your "observation" falls under points 2 & 3.

But hey, at least you seem to have nice and tidy operating system.

I forgot something in my statement. I use UT2 for traffic - replaced all models with custom p3d native. I use 4096 textures however I limit that to 1024 for clouds with exception of HD to cirrus. Still, no oom, I don't even track it. Performance? Min 15fps "sometime", usually I'm solid 20-30 with locked at 30. CPU? Nothing special: 4790k @ 4.0, + Nvidia 970.

But again, I do compromise.

Tom Link

Well. Paul, your "observation" falls under points 2 & 3.

But hey, at least you seem to have nice and tidy operating system.

I forgot something in my statement. I use UT2 for traffic - replaced all models with custom p3d native. I use 4096 textures however I limit that to 1024 for clouds with exception of HD to cirrus. Still, no oom, I don't even track it. Performance? Min 15fps "sometime", usually I'm solid 20-30 with locked at 30. CPU? Nothing special: 4790k @ 4.0, + Nvidia 970.

But again, I do compromise.

You think expecting a simulator to be able to simulate is expecting too much of it? You are using add-ons for the weather, weather depiction, scenery, airports, traffic and no doubt aircraft. Which bit of the simulator itself are you still using?

P3D v3.4

Again, your post confirms: you are expecting too much.

Tom Link

Guys, this driver-related memory leak...

Is it affecting FSX users too? Most reports seem to come from P3D users...

(All right, gotta admit: this is just me being lazy and not wanting to revert to older drivers... :P )

Gentlemen,

Now that i have a concrete report to come back on with MY issue since this was MY thread that I started, everyone can step down off their high horse lol...

Coming out of KDEN (Flightbeam) going to KSDF (Blueprint) in N581UP i am at cruise and i havent gone above 69% 2800MB...currently holding at 68% 2770MB

What was my fix?... a legacy install of the previous Nvidia Driver 376.33!!!

Hey,

Just want to confirm this and say thanks.

I'm currently doing my first "full trip" with the new 747; EGLL-KSFO. I realised that I had almost no VAS left after reaching cruise. I haven't used P3D in months so maybe something is broken, I thought.. I saved and reloaded the flight. I had about 1.8GB free (FSUIPC) upon reloading. Flew for about 20 minutes (cruise only, no airports to load in) and returned to find I had 0.6GB left. This didn't make sense!

I found your post, downgraded my NVIDIA drivers to the same version you suggested, reloaded my flight, and now it seems to be fluctuating between 1.6-1.7GB VAS available, after over 45 minutes in cruise :)

Thank you very much! Weird glitch, but the workaround is quite simple.

Phil H

I also rolled back to 376.33 and the OOM issue is gone. 

Ditto

Jim

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

New Nvidia drivers out 378.66.  Has anyone tested them with the 747 V3 for VAS issues?

Ive been having VVAS issues with 378.49, downgraded to 376.33, OOM gone but DXGI Error! 

The newest 378.66 still has a memory leak for me. Help!