Sign in to follow this  
Gong

747 v3 Steady VAS increase [Due to nVidia drivers - not 747]

378.XX leaks. I hope a solution is found soon.

Don't use that driver? I'm not sure what you expect in the way of a solution.

Dan Downs KCRP

Don't use that driver? I'm not sure what you expect in the way of a solution.

Hmmmm.....obviously? I don't know what you think I am suggesting. Both 378 releases have had leaks, so we'd better hope they fix it because later builds will hold the same issue and prevent a lot of people from updating in the future. 

Yep, and I hate that yellow exclamation mark on the right bottom on the GeForce Experience logo :D

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Are you still having the same experience?

Take a look to this:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123508&start=15

Nope, no memory leak for me. This driver had my sim running about 100MB higher than the 376.33 driver and 500MB less than the 378.66 driver. It is stable for me, however others are saying it leaks. It seems to be hit or miss and I think it is a system/settings/addons issue to be honest. You just need to test them and see what works for you.

Nope, no memory leak for me. This driver had my sim running about 100MB higher than the 376.33 driver and 500MB less than the 378.66 driver. It is stable for me, however others are saying it leaks. It seems to be hit or miss and I think it is a system/settings/addons issue to be honest. You just need to test them and see what works for you.

Ok thanks

I also observed VAS increase in PMDG NGX and 777 (I don't have 747).

Yesterday I finished flight LOWW-EGLL (UK2000 free scenery) in 777 with 4GB VAS frown.png (probably 3 min. longer flight would finish OOM)

Firstly I thought it is by new AS16/ASCA build, but this topic corrected me...

I have nvidia 376.53 - anyone of you have/had this version and VAS issues?

I'm wondering, guys, who uses FTX Vector here?

I read vas amount around the 2,9 / 3/ however I ALWAYS start around the 3,4 even in the ngx..

IS Vector that huge?

vkr

victor

Victor Roos

4 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

I'm wondering, guys, who uses FTX Vector here?

I read vas amount around the 2,9 / 3/ however I ALWAYS start around the 3,4 even in the ngx..

IS Vector that huge?

vkr

victor

Hi Victor

Basically no. I have global and vector and at an fax base airport we're looking at 2.5gb or so. 

J

Jason Jackett

3 minutes ago, Freaknout said:

Hi Victor

Basically no. I have global and vector and at an fax base airport we're looking at 2.5gb or so. 

J

rly? Whata re your settings at then? hm. I do use p3d though :P

Victor Roos

Friends,

I installed the newest nvidia driver (378.72) but no progression.

How to install 376.33 without automatic Windows 10's install of 376.53?

Lucas

Can you say: what kind of LOD radius are you all using? Set it all the way down, for tube liner you don't need anything more than this.

Also, something I noticed, there is some kind of large VAS increase when flying between continents. Flight from EDDF to CYYZ, over London. VAS was between 1.5/1.1. Then when crossed into Canada it  jumped by 200-300MB, and remained. At the end I had 600/700 left. 

Then, flight back to EDDF, similar thing but... VAS only went up once I crossed between U.K. and continental Europe, also overflew London but about 20NM south. 

I have Global, open LC eu and Vector (only main and secondary roads).

Tom Link