Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

Tiger Lounge

Hey guys,

Does anyone remember Boeing's Tiger Lounge proposal for the 747?  It turned a lower cargo deck into a lounge...ala 377.  It never came to fruition, but it was an interesting idea.  I wonder if the 747-8BBJ brings back that concept.  

If I'm not mistaken, PSA did something similar during their with their L1011, which was unfortunately unsuccessful.

Have to say tho, the Tiger Lounge was 'shagadelic'...note the central table is a viewable window looking down, as there are no other windows on the lower deck.

Hey PMDG, can we have some 747-8 (BBJ) options like a 'Tiger Lounge' for the -8 EXP :Big Grin: ?

Cheers

TJ

BI228323.jpg

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
war2.jpg
Tejon 'TJ' Stanley

Looks like a scene out of Star Trek.

Bill

P3Dv4.5.13.32097 ASP4, ASCA, A2A, Milviz, PMDG 7's, RealityXP GNS/GTN, SimElite Solutions TZF

White over White, you're out of sight. Red over White, you're alright. Red over Red, you're dead.

Lol yeah, ironically, the Tiger Lounge would have been around not long after the ST Original Series aired, so I am sure there was some inspiration going on.  

I think if I were going to 'Pimp my ride' with a 747, it would be a -400M with a Tiger Lounge w airstair access. B)

Cheers

TJ

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
war2.jpg
Tejon 'TJ' Stanley

I suspect this came from the salesmen and I know the engineers probably hated it.  The spiral staircase that Juan Trippe insisted on was contested but they gave the customer what he wanted.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hah, everyone is nicely dressed. Definitely old school. 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.9GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA GTX1080Ti - CH Fighterstick - CH Pro Throttle CH Rudder pedals

P3D, X-Plane 11

Lol, that picture is on a big mural at the Seattle Museum of Flight, complete with era appropriate chair and table, so you can insert yourself into the scene...be sure to wear a nice pair of bellbottoms and big collared shirt... :lol:

img_0406-900x600-boeing-747-tiger-lounge

war2.jpg
Tejon 'TJ' Stanley