Sign in to follow this  
Rick McPherson

Automatic Ground Operations

On a side note, the fact that we're only on release day +3 and we're discussing the specifics of how to utilize the addon-within-an-addon ground service is a testament to just how much preparation and testing went into this amazing 747 recreation. I haven't said it yet, but congrats to PMDG for such a great job. 

On a side note, the fact that we're only on release day +3 and we're discussing the specifics of how to utilize the addon-within-an-addon ground service is a testament to just how much preparation and testing went into this amazing 747 recreation. I haven't said it yet, but congrats to PMDG for such a great job. 

Thanks! I'll pass this along.

Kyle Rodgers

Okay, I tried this today and it will work for me.

After I parked and got everything shut down, I sped up the simulation to 2x through the FMC. This made the process only take 30 minutes and you couldn't really tell it was sped up except for the flashing lights on the vehicles. At normal speed, the vehicles move slower than real life anyway. 

Thanks everyone for the comments and thank you PMDG for a wonderful plane. :hi:

How about ground ops for passenger / cargo operations ?

Is there any significant difference ?

Artur 

Oh goodness...., there are infinite possibilities available if you manually select service vehicles and your fuel load. You don't need the automation.

We all simulate differently... I agree there are many different option.

If they were "infinite" the only option I would like to use (manual vehicles and animated, real time refuelling) would be there... but I understand you can't make everybody happy, so yeah, I don't need the automation.

It's a great workaround to save the panel state during ground operations.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

Could you not speed up the sim rate to x4, there 60 mins becomes 15?

* Disregard, missed the above post lol

Alaister Kay

How about ground ops for passenger / cargo operations ?

Is there any significant difference ?

From what I've experienced, the operations are automatically different. The caterers don't show up and there are extra cargo vehicles on cargo planes.

How do you even input a time? What's the format because all I've been putting has been invalid.

-Angelo Busato

8 hours ago, killairbus said:

How do you even input a time? What's the format because all I've been putting has been invalid.

I believe in minutes, but I believe also in multiples of five. The minimum is 60 minutes.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.