Sign in to follow this  
Paul K

Is the current 747 for P3D price a special offer ?

Just a quick query; I'm wondering whether the price of the new 747 for P3D is on special offer at the moment and will it go up to a 'normal' price at some point ? I'd like to get it, but I'm just working out the budget and whether I can wait a few weeks.

This is a simple and  genuine question to PMDG. Please, no sarcasm about their pricing policy from other forum users - thank you. :smile:

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

134.99 is the regular price and I don't think it will change, so you can wait but good luck with that. The bird is all too tempting :)

Belisar Hoxholli

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

History tells me that PMDG hardly ever give discounts on their products. 134,99 is the final price for the new Queen. It will stay that way. Take your time.

It's an additional 45 USD on top of the FSX price, a 50% surcharge. I do not expect the P3D price for the B747 to rise further, but don't quote me on that ...   ;-)

Then again it's 5 USD less than a certain Airbus for P3D, but comes equipped with two more "spare" engines, so must be a bargain ...   ;-)

Indeed, once set their prices rarely vary in either direction.  It is even unusual for them to discount older products.  eg. there were no firehouse sales when they took the old 744 and the MD-11 off the market.  Its just the way they roll.

Andrew Jones

Just a quick query; I'm wondering whether the price of the new 747 for P3D is on special offer at the moment and will it go up to a 'normal' price at some point ? I'd like to get it, but I'm just working out the budget and whether I can wait a few weeks.

We only did this with the first release of the P3D products because the release of the P3D versions was staggered well behind the original release of the NGX and 777.

It is usually only done when there's some sort of transitional period. In the past, the MD-11 released right on the cusp of the "changeover" from FS9 to FSX, so there was a package deal. The original 744 also had a discount program for people moving from FS9 to FSX when it released in FSX. Things like that.

Kyle Rodgers

How time flies, I remember the 744 discount from FS9 -> FSX as if it was yesterday.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

We only did this with the first release of the P3D products because the release of the P3D versions was staggered well behind the original release of the NGX and 777.

I think that's what made me wonder, because I seem to remember getting the NGX for P3D at an offer price. Anyway, that's my query answered - I will certainly get the 747, but I don't need to rush. Thanks for the info, Kyle, and thanks to all others who responded. :smile:

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org