Sign in to follow this  
aussiesim737

Brake Temp after takeoff

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can answer this for me.

As I roll down the runway and take off I am having a brake temp warning light coming up. I'm not breaking during take off and the brakes are cool after taxiing as well as auto brakes set to rto.

If someone could point me in the right direction to fix this problem it would much appreciated

Thanks

John

If someone could point me in the right direction to fix this problem it would much appreciated

Sounds a lot like your brakes are dragging.

If you have hardware brakes disconnect them for a flight to see if the issue goes away. The sim, at its defaults, does not handle toe brakes very well. You may need an additional program like FSUIPC to properly set them up.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm having the same issue :(. They do seem to be dragging on takeoff. How does FSUIPC solve this problem?

Cameron 

My pedals are assigned directly in P3D.  My suggestion for eliminating false brake activity is to use a null zone such that the first few degrees of pedal rotation do not activate brakes.  Also, pilot technique can be a problem if you are pushing the pedals with the toe for rudder or steering.  Use your heels.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've seen this too. I imagine it's my settings in FSUIPC, now that I think about it.

Similarly, with A2A aircraft I have difficulty setting the parking brake (where you have to depress the pedals, pull a handle and release the brakes.) I suspect that even having my clods on the rudders will tickle the brakes a bit.

So, yeah. A change in the axis calibration is gonna be required.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I'm having this problem also, using FSUIPC.  Has this been fixed by adding nullzone to the brakes?  I'm blowing tires and everything, just taking off.

If you're using FSUIPC, you can monitor for unwanted brake activation by going into the logging tab in the FSUIPC drop-down menu and setting up logging of offsets 3416 and 0BC4 (both set to data type U16).  They should both be zero with feet off the brakes.  3416 shows the left brake axis input to the sim (are your pedals or another controller applying brakes?), and 0BC4 shows the actual (left) brake application scaled from 0 (off) to 16384 (full on).  Check the FS WIndow option and the values will appear at the top of the screen.  After takeoff, you can uncheck the FS Window tickbox to turn logging off, and then continue your flight.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I did make adjustments to the brakes in FSUIPC. It did seem to fix my issues.

I'm not an expert on FSUIPC, but I'll try to explain what I did...

I have CH pedals. Within the Joystick calibration tab in the registered version of FSUIPC, find the toe brakes; left and right.

Slightly depress each and set the 'low' value. Recheck the values reported and try to match them fairly close.

Click OK to save.

That's it. Now, you have to press each toe brake beyond where you set the 'low' value before any brake depression is reported to the aircraft.

Hope this makes sense.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

For me, the problem goes away if I don't use RTO. It is acting like RTO Is engaging halfway into the takeoff roll even if I don't touch the joystick or keyboard? It is unrealistic to avoid using RTO, but it's the only way I can ensure a successful TOGA takeoff.

For me, the problem goes away if I don't use RTO. It is acting like RTO Is engaging halfway into the takeoff roll even if I don't touch the joystick or keyboard? It is unrealistic to avoid using RTO, but it's the only way I can ensure a successful TOGA takeoff.

Is it possible a noisy pot in a throttle axis is spiking enough to momentarily drop low enough to trigger the RTO autobrakes?

You might also want to look through your controllers and ensure you don't have some obscure unused axis, like the mini joystick on a game controller, for example, assigned to either brakes or throttles.  I've had fits several times over the years with a phantom axis surreptitiously assigned by the fickle automatic axis detection of MSFS.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I'm having this problem also, using FSUIPC.  Has this been fixed by adding nullzone to the brakes?  I'm blowing tires and everything, just taking off.

Thanks to everyone.  I got mine fixed.  I looked at the settings that I had and they were way off. Basically I did what Richard said so I have some free motion in my pedal before the braking starts to happen.

I appreciate the information about logging inside FSUIPC. I'm going to save those instructions.  That's good to know.

Thank you,

Bob

You might also want to look through your controllers and ensure you don't have some obscure unused axis, like the mini joystick on a game controller, for example, assigned to either brakes or throttles.  I've had fits several times over the years with a phantom axis surreptitiously assigned by the fickle automatic axis detection of MSFS.

Regards

Tell me about it!  I've ripped out several locks of hair over that myself.  Especially because I use so many controllers and switches.

On 03/02/2017 at 5:34 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Sounds a lot like your brakes are dragging.

If you have hardware brakes disconnect them for a flight to see if the issue goes away. The sim, at its defaults, does not handle toe brakes very well. You may need an additional program like FSUIPC to properly set them up.

I too have this problem. I have PMDG's 737NGX and 777 and never have this problem. What is different with the 747?