Sign in to follow this  
willy647

Hotfix to solve SLI problems

A new hotfix 3.4.22.19868 is released promising to resolve the SLI problems :smile:

You need nvidia driver 378.49 or later !

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Anyone with SLI care to comment on their findings so far with this new driver?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Good Results - no issues so far.

Updated my Nvidia 373.06 to 378.49 and P3D 3.3.5 to 3.4.22(HF3) (client only using Poppet's excellent guide). 

So far, so good. No flickering menus or flickering effects, and performance is a bit better. 

I have already updated FSUIPC and Orbx prompted me to install a new object flow. 

Just installed the PTA 2.10 Beta and it looks great and working as well.

I can't comment on VAS becasue I am a low and slow flyer and have never looked at it and have never ran out of memory.

I am running on Win7 64bit, two EVGA 980GTX in SLI. 

Thank you to LM, Nvidia and everyone who participated in getting the SLI resolved.

Good Results - no issues so far.

Updated my Nvidia 373.06 to 378.49 and P3D 3.3.5 to 3.4.22(HF3) (client only using Poppet's excellent guide). 

So far, so good. No flickering menus or flickering effects, and performance is a bit better. 

I have already updated FSUIPC and Orbx prompted me to install a new object flow. 

Just installed the PTA 2.10 Beta and it looks great and working as well.

I can't comment on VAS becasue I am a low and slow flyer and have never looked at it and have never ran out of memory.

I am running on Win7 64bit, two EVGA 980GTX in SLI. 

Thank you to LM, Nvidia and everyone who participated in getting the SLI resolved.

could you let me know how much % activity you get with each card ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

could you let me know how much % activity you get with each card ?

If I run frames unlocked, 95%+ to each card, I normally run with locked frames and that give me about 70% for each card.

ok thanks a lot for your answer.

do you use  Nvidia mode SLI  or AFR or AFR2 ? 

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

do you use  Nvidia mode SLI  or AFR or AFR2 ? 

I only enabled the SLI compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11), I did not change anything else in Inspector except to turn on the SLI indicator to watch the load on each card.

ok thanks =)

I take note 

Things are worse for me with this hotfix, sigh.  Not sure why, no time to figure it out :sad:  Funds for new toys, oculus have been reassigned to refrigerator purchase.  Came home from a trip to find refrigerator temps in my freezer side. :(

Is anyone else else get OOM errors with this patch for SLI? This is the first time I have had any VAS issues since moving from 3.3.5 to HF3.

I got the OOM while flying the default Baron out of Orbx KFHR. I am using the latest NV 378.49 driver. I did the same flight multiple times and could repeat the OOM error. I tried lowering the  Orbx resolution and still got it.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

Is anyone else else get OOM errors with this patch for SLI? This is the first time I have had any VAS issues since moving from 3.3.5 to HF3.

I got the OOM while flying the default Baron out of Orbx KFHR. I am using the latest NV 378.49 driver. I did the same flight multiple times and could repeat the OOM error. I tried lowering the  Orbx resolution and still got it.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

I'm not on HF3 yet, but I experienced OOMs with NV 378.49

Check also this topic:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/503393-747-v3-steady-vas-increase-due-to-nvidia-drivers-not-747/?p=3564536

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Things are worse for me with this hotfix, sigh.  Not sure why, no time to figure it out :sad:  Funds for new toys, oculus have been reassigned to refrigerator purchase.  Came home from a trip to find refrigerator temps in my freezer side. :sad:

Did you install the new video drivers before updating the P3D client?

\Robert Hamlich/

I'm not on HF3 yet, but I experienced OOMs with NV 378.49

Check also this topic:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/503393-747-v3-steady-vas-increase-due-to-nvidia-drivers-not-747/?p=3564536

Cheers,

Thanks - very interesting read...

What I figured out is that the latest Nvidia 378.49 was released January 24th, 2017, the P3D patch for SLI came out February 1st, 2017 so that means that there is nothing in the latest driver that is probably required for the HF3 to work with SLI.  There is also nothing in the release notes from NVIDIA that listed any fixes for P3D.

Based on that thread, there may be a memory leak in Nvidia 378.49 and they recommended to revert to 376.33. I just did a clean install of this driver and it looks like the SLI issues are not present (flickering issues) and my VAS was holding steady and no OOM in KFHR so far. I have not tested enough to conclusively say this "fixed" but so far (crossed fingers) it seems to be ok. 

Glad you solved.

Happy flying,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX