Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

After over a year away....

I'm looking to get back in to X-plane, specifically 11.......

I am looking at getting a new system for it, would this one be adequate for it? If so, Ill purchase this one:-

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/3xs-vengeance-x-overclocked-intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-16gb-ddr4-12gb-nvidia-gtx-titan-x-256gb-pc

Thanks for any advice.

Hi, welcome back !

Adequate ? Well, this is the best processor single-thread wise right now, and it's generously overclocked. And this is the best GPU on the market right now.

It's not even possible to be more adequate than that.

Cheers,

Pascal

Haha...wish I had to spend so much. Best couple CPU+GPU on the consumer market although in march will come out the new 1080 TI which will cost less than the Titan with pretty the same performance.

Just a suggestion, if you plan to have photoreal don't limit your HD to 1 TB, go for two and maybe a wider SSD.

I agree, and am waiting for the release of the 1080ti!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I'm looking to get back in to X-plane, specifically 11.......

I am looking at getting a new system for it, would this one be adequate for it? If so, Ill purchase this one:-

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/3xs-vengeance-x-overclocked-intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-16gb-ddr4-12gb-nvidia-gtx-titan-x-256gb-pc

Thanks for any advice.

System would work very well though I recommend building the system yourself, might save some bucks. Also I would question the PSU being used as those are almost always garbage in pre-builts.

Don't think I'll wait for the 1080ti, too many rumours etc....

What's the best 30 inch plus 4K gsync monitor to go with? Or is a TV better?

I think both Asus Rog and Acer Predator are 34" with G-Sync but no 4K, they run at 3440*1440

I thought that was 4K? Is anyone running a TV? I really have no clue with what to do regards the display! Any help is greatly appreciated.

What about this one?

http://www.ebuyer.com/727526-acer-predator-xb321hk-32-4k-ips-monitor-um-jx1ee-001

Does g-sync work and make any difference in plane?

My perfect setup would be a UST (ultra short throw) projector for the scenery in X-Plane with two touch screen monitors with Air Manager gauges running on small MeegoPad computers. Add to that a great FF yoke, a good throttle quad and a switch array. Now that would be neat.

..or, just buy an Oculus Rift with Fly-Inside and forget the rest. :smile:

..or, just buy an Oculus Rift with Fly-Inside and forget the rest. :smile:

Yeah, that's the solution I'm waiting for. I can't use big/wide monitors or multi-monitors, because my main home computer is also used in a side business where I need a color-calibrated graphics monitor. Those are very expensive, and limited in size and shape. I can't afford several of these for a multi-monitor rig, or a completely separate projector setup.

So VR may be the ultimate solution. But it has to get better than it is now. Not just the eyepiece resolution, but the GPU feeding them. I want the same amount of world detail I'm seeing now on a flat screen at 40 fps, which will have to be ramped up to dual screens at 70 fps or better in the VR environment. That's a heavy lift. Probably another generation or two of graphic card progress at the "affordable" consumer level. I'm not willing to cut back world detail very far, just to run VR.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I want the same amount of world detail I'm seeing now on a flat screen at 40 fps, which will have to be ramped up to dual screens at 70 fps or better in the VR environment.

Asynchronous Time Warp + Asynchronous Space Warp could be the solution, requiring just 45 fps (for a 90 fps headset) for VR.

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/asynchronous-spacewarp/

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

So, if I can go without g-sync I'm gonna get this one:-

http://www.ebuyer.com/745728-philips-bdm4350uc-00-43-ips-lcd-monitor-bdm4350uc-00?mkwid=s_dm&pcrid=51482416139&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=CM_I25KqitICFW0R0wodVZMJ4Q

However if Gsync is going to make a big difference, then I'll have to go with a smaller g-sync 4K 27" monitor.

Thoughts appreciated before I pull the trigger and purchase it all this week.