Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

After over a year away....

Cannot say if G-Sync is a winner to eliminate tearings but I feel bigger is better in flight sim. I have a 27" and I need something wider, there was a topic about a user moved to 34" claiming that made a huge improvement in realism. I think a 34" + monitor with TrackIR is what gets close to VR. Maybe 3 monitors are even better but I have no psace for them.

So, if I can go without g-sync I'm gonna get this one:-

http://www.ebuyer.com/745728-philips-bdm4350uc-00-43-ips-lcd-monitor-bdm4350uc-00?mkwid=s_dm&pcrid=51482416139&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=CM_I25KqitICFW0R0wodVZMJ4Q

However if Gsync is going to make a big difference, then I'll have to go with a smaller g-sync 4K 27" monitor.

Thoughts appreciated before I pull the trigger and purchase it all this week.

This looks interesting ! https://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/james-morris/philips-bdm4037uw-40in-4k-curved-monitor-review/

I would go with the bigger monitor ! bigger is better ! Its going to be more immersive then a tiny g-sync monitor ! I have 43" 4K Korean monitor and it's lovely to sim on ! You are going to see some tearing in the bigger monitor when you are parked at the ramp, but this is a flight simulator not a ramp simulator ! G-Sync is nice but sizes and models are very limited compared to Free-Sync monitors. Vega is around the corner and Free-Sync 2 is going to be a game changer for displays ! AMD Ryzen is should be hitting the market at the end of next month, so it should drive down prices of those Intel CPU's. So I would holdout a bit longer if I were you.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Perfect, thats that settled then.

I don't think i'll wait, there always seems to be something new around the corner, and i'd just be waiting forever then.....

Perfect, thats that settled then.

I don't think i'll wait, there always seems to be something new around the corner, and i'd just be waiting forever then.....

If you don't mind paying a premium go for it !

lol.......

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar