Sign in to follow this  
cmbaviator

Some questions before a potential purchase

Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions where the answer will make me

Buy or not:

Firstly, what are the main differences between queen of the skies and II?

As i only fly on Custom airport sceneries, with an average of 2000m of runway lenght. Can the 744D land on a 2000m runway ??

Miscellaneous questions.

Is there a ezca 2.0 profile view yet?

Custom PFPX Nd Topcat profile ?

Pause at TD ?

Performance compared to the fslabs A320X

In advance, thanks

Camille MB

Here is an answer to two of your questions.

From a development point of view it is a completly new from scratch plane. Hi res graphics, new sounds, all systems rewritten, genuine performance redo for all engine variants within 2% of manufactured data and umpteen configuration options. In short everything.

Pause at TD ?

Yes. Also auto step climb, auto time compression and auto tank to engine configuration if required.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions where the answer will make me

Buy or not:

As i only fly on Custom airport sceneries, with an average of 2000m of runway lenght. Can the 744D land on a 2000m runway ??

Miscellaneous questions.

Is there a ezca 2.0 profile view yet?

Custom PFPX Nd Topcat profile ?

Pause at TD ?

Performance compared to the fslabs A320X

In advance, thanks

Camille MB

No PFPX and Topcat profiles as of yet, but then again there are none for FSLabs A320. From what I understand, TOPCAT is dead. PFPX custom 747 profiles work well to generate the plan and make approximation on fuel and payload. You would have to do the manual loading on your own though.

Here is an answer to two of your questions.

From a development point of view it is a completly new from scratch plane. Hi res graphics, new sounds, all systems rewritten, genuine performance redo for all engine variants within 2% of manufactured data and umpteen configuration options. In short everything.

Yes. Also auto step climb, auto time compression and auto tank to engine configuration if required.

Thank you for your input :)

on my setup the performance is similar to the A320. not a noticable difference. they are both nice and smooth.

but let me tell you one thing. handflying the queen is a pure joy! i love the Airbus, flying with the stick, not having to trim and all. but flying with the yoke again, actually trimming the airplane... priceless ;)

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

within 2% of manufactured data

Forgive me if I misunderstood this..but does this mean the numbers in the sim have a 2% deviation from the real world number...I do not no why this is confusing me.

I seem to be having too many brainfarts.

Nope, a 747-400D needs a little bit more than 2000 meters (2280m to take off, 2110m to land).

Those are the stats for the real thing of course but the PMDG 747 (unlike many sim aircraft) does behave much like the real thing in terms of ground friction. However, in flight sim land you could really stand on the brakes/use maximum auto brake and reverse thrust and aerodynamic braking etc to probably get it to stop in 2000 meters if you got it right down on the piano keys at the slowest you dared lol, because unlike the real world, you don't actually have to worry about passenger comfort! I've stopped it easily on a 3000 meter runway without needing to use reverse thrust at all when it had about 20 percent fuel left in the tanks. That still leaves you trying to get it off the deck with 280 meters less than Boeing say you need though, which you might be able to do at a light load, but you'd still have to worry about terrain clearance.

Performance is broadly very similar to the FSL A320 on my PC at least, but you needn't worry to be honest, the VAS on the new 747 is very well optimised.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

on my setup the performance is similar to the A320. not a noticable difference. they are both nice and smooth.

but let me tell you one thing. handflying the queen is a pure joy! i love the Airbus, flying with the stick, not having to trim and all. but flying with the yoke again, actually trimming the airplane... priceless ;)

My yoke is broken but ill use my joystick lol.

Does the b747 mske a sound when trimming ?

What's wrong with the current TOPCAT profile for the 747-400?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Nope, a 747-400D needs a little bit more than 2000 meters (2280m to take off, 2110m to land).

Those are the stats for the real thing of course but the PMDG 747 (unlike many sim aircraft) does behave much like the real thing in terms of ground friction. However, in flight sim land you could really stand on the brakes/use maximum auto brake and reverse thrust and aerodynamic braking etc to probably get it to stop in 2000 meters if you got it right down on the piano keys at the slowest you dared lol, because unlike the real world, you don't actually have to worry about passenger comfort! I've stopped it easily on a 3000 meter runway without needing to use reverse thrust at all when it had about 20 percent fuel left in the tanks. That still leaves you trying to get it off the deck with 280 meters less than Boeing say you need though, which you might be able to do at a light load, but you'd still have to worry about terrain clearance.

Performance is broadly very similar to the FSL A320 on my PC at least, but you needn't worry to be honest, the VAS on the new 747 is very well optimised.

Sir..are you talking to me?

if you are..sorry..i may be having a stroke.If you aren't...then I just wanted to know what the "within this or that % meant"

Forgive me if I misunderstood this..but does this mean the numbers in the sim have a 2% deviation from the real world number...I do not no why this is confusing me.

I seem to be having too many brainfarts.

This is our acceptable error margin...So tops expected such a maximum deviation. It is what different tails would do in any case due to wear and tear in real ops. We had our tech team run pre-dispatch tests using the real world software.

• Upvote 1

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

This is our acceptable error margin...So tops expected such a maximum deviation. It is what different tails would do in any case due to wear and tear in real ops. We had our tech team run pre-dispatch tests using the real world software.

Ahh..

so that means the engine and flight modelling are give or take 5% deviation from the real world or Boeing performance charts?

I know this has been listed before on the 777 and 737..for some reason I suddenly found myself confused over this particular statement.

Very interesting indeed.i have so many questions..ill save them for some other time