Sign in to follow this  
rgbinns

Trouble landing at KSFO with new Queen

Using the tutorial I have tried landing at KSFO flying the beautiful new Queen and every time I end up at the end of the runway and P3D resets and I am left hanging about 50 feet in the air.

I even saved the flight at TD and flew from there but the same thing happens.

I have uploaded some pics to Photobucket. Hope it works coz I am not really sure about how to do it.

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/rbinns9rgbinns/media/6%201_zps46l8klex.jpg.html?o=5

The fsuip reading at top left of screen when P3D reset was 872668 and I did hear one chime but I did not know if it was something in the cockpit trying to tell me something or if was fsuip.

I really do not think it has anything to with PMDG 747 but how would silly old me know!!!!

Any ideas from you clever chaps out there, please??

Kind regards

Richard

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

this is Kfso addon scenery??.try moving it to the top of your scenery cfg looks like the default scenery is overiding it.you can move it to the top inside prepar3d.

steve

Do you use Orbx Vector? If so, have you tried running the Airport Elevation Correction utility in the Vector configurator tool?

Crash detection turned off?

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Do you use Orbx Vector? If so, have you tried running the Airport Elevation Correction utility in the Vector configurator tool?

Thank you for helping me. I tried your suggestion but the same thing happened. It's as if there is an invisible wall there

this is Kfso addon scenery??.try moving it to the top of your scenery cfg looks like the default scenery is overiding it.you can move it to the top inside prepar3d.

steve

Thank you Steve for helping silly ole me.

It has already been placed at Area.003. I don't remember doing that so it must have been done automatically by Orbx.

Thanks anyway this is all very strange.

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

As Jim suggested, is crash detection turned off?

KSFO is known for this invisible wall.

Fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

I have turned it off now and will try again later.

Thank you for helping me.

Richard Binns

Thanks Jim that did the trick. Great to actually finish the tutorial flight at last.

Kind regards

Richard Binns

Glad it worked.  After I reinstalled P3D, I forgot to turn crash detection off and the same thing happened to me upon landing at KSFO.  I was like you and, at first, could not figure out what happened.  What made me happy though about the fact I had crash detection turned on - it was the first time I had every flown any aircraft from LAX to SFO w/o crashing enroute!  Usually it crashed soon after takeoff with an explanation my wings had fallen off and this was with autopilot turned on!  Flying the PMDG 777 all the way to KSFO w/o crashing until landing made me feel very good!  IMHO it is not a good feature and why I always keep it off.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Sorry - it isn't clear to me if this invisible wall at San Fran is with the default Prepar3D Scenery or an add on?   Does this issue exist with the default scenery?

Thanks,

Mark

As for me, in turn, hate the idea of flying with crash detection OFF, ahahaha. The issue there, and in some other airports near the water, is related to the mesh. I suppose it's there when you use a third-party mesh package (not sure whether that latest-expensive package solves it or not). If you lower the mesh precision a little bit it will go away.

• Upvote 2

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto