Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

I may have to pass on this one

I'm having doubts about spending 75 UK Pounds  when I'm not sure my graphics card on FSX-SE is man enough.

I have a Geforce GTX 550Ti with 1GB of VRAM running with an i7 3770k clocked at 4.4GHz and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. The rig has been running fine for almost 3 years and I get a reasonable performance when in the 737NGX or in the 777. In detailed airports (UK2000) such as Heathrow fps in low twenties, mid to high 30s elsewhere.

It always looks quite smooth and fluid to my 73 year old eyes!

I'd welcome any comments on how Queen II might run for me. Thanks.

Iain Smith

I can tell you only what we have seen from our beta testers. The 747-400 runs at least as well as the 777 and in some cases on average somewhat better (VAS usage).

Ask around!

Best,

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Iain,

U have better computer than i have, only my graphic card is slightly better than yours ( 760 2Gb RAM ).

747 is butter smooth on FlyTampa, with Ai, ORBX Global + Vector, ASN, RadarContact.

If T7 runs well for u, then u will be good with 747.

Artur 

You should be fine. I'm on a 2600K at 4.6GHz, 8GB DDR3 and a GTX 560 w/1GB...no I don't have any fancy add-on airports but I do use a fair amount of AI traffic. I get definitely better (and smoother) frames than the T7. And this is on boxed FSX, not SE.

EDIT: By the way...the price is WELL worth it for what you get. Just have a look at the support forum here. How many complaints of low FPS, high VAS, systems issues, CTDs, etc. do you see?? I see a few FPS and VAS complaints but compared to another high fidelity commercial addon that released in the last 8 months (which I admittedly love as well) the 747 is probably the most stable add-on out of the gate I've ever seen.

650 Ti here with 1 GB VRAM and 4(!) screens in native HD resolution. 4x 3.5 GHz on the Intel i7 3770k. Performance with the NGX and the 777 is satisfactory; the 747 is even smoother than the 777. I run 16 GB of RAM, but anything above 8 GB should not increase FSX-SE performance any further.

You should be fine.

EDIT: By the way...the price is WELL worth it for what you get. Just have a look at the support forum here. How many complaints of low FPS, high VAS, systems issues, CTDs, etc. do you see?? I see a few FPS and VAS complaints but compared to another high fidelity commercial addon that released in the last 8 months (which I admittedly love as well) the 747 is probably the most stable add-on out of the gate I've ever seen.

Agreed. With the same setting in P3D in cruise, I'm geting upwards of 70 FPS in the 747V3 and between 35-40 FPS in the FSLabs A320. Have not yet compared airport performances yet since I used different origins and destinations.

Definitely worth you money!

Thank you emvaos, Beardyman, adamant365, the undecided and hu_willy for your encouraging replies. I guess I'll have to reconsider and negotiate with Mrs Smith to get the funds released!

Thanks again.

Iain

I think I'm going to pass on it as well. Not because I am terribly concerned about performance, but I don't fly long haul too often, and if I do, the 777 has so many current routes. I don't think I'd get my money's worth from a plane that isn't as prominent as once was. Not knocking the price or pmdg, I know I'm missing out on a great bird.

Orman

I'm having doubts about spending 75 UK Pounds when I'm not sure my graphics card on FSX-SE is man enough.

I have a Geforce GTX 550Ti with 1GB of VRAM running with an i7 3770k clocked at 4.4GHz and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. The rig has been running fine for almost 3 years and I get a reasonable performance when in the 737NGX or in the 777. In detailed airports (UK2000) such as Heathrow fps in low twenties, mid to high 30s elsewhere.

It always looks quite smooth and fluid to my 73 year old eyes!

I'd welcome any comments on how Queen II might run for me. Thanks.

Iain Smith

Iain,I know it's extra money but for around £140 the EVGA 1050ti SuperClcocked GPU will certainly give your PC a huge performance boost. It's simple to install, will take power straight from the motherboard so no 6 pin connector needed.Check out the You Tube reviews all very positive about it. I replaced my GTX 660 with it and has given me excellent results in P3D flying the 777

Iain,I know it's extra money but for around £140 the EVGA 1050ti SuperClcocked GPU will certainly give your PC a huge performance boost. It's simple to install, will take power straight from the motherboard so no 6 pin connector needed.Check out the You Tube reviews all very positive about it. I replaced my GTX 660 with it and has given me excellent results in P3D flying the 777

I'm currently running FSX:SE with onboard graphics and looking to get a graphics card, so this is certainly Interesting, thanks!

Alaister Kay

For what it's worth - I did most of my testing during the development of the product on a ridiculously old machine - i7 860 overclocked to 4.0 GHz with a GTX 570.

It was only in the final week before release that I finally built a new machine - 7700K, 16GB DDR4 and a GTX 1070.

The plane was absolutely still usable on the old machine.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

So it means that my machine is just "old", not "ridiculously old" - I7 950 overclocked to 3.8 + GTX760  :Praying:  :smile:

Artur 

So it means that my machine is just "old", not "ridiculously old" - I7 950 overclocked to 3.8 + GTX760  :Praying:  :smile:

Slightly yeah - the 950 came out less than a year after the 860 I had.

760 is significantly better than the 570, but still quite long in the tooth today. I was at about 7 years of constant use on my old machine before the upgrade.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

For what it's worth - I did most of my testing during the development of the product on a ridiculously old machine - i7 860 overclocked to 4.0 GHz with a GTX 570.

It was only in the final week before release that I finally built a new machine - 7700K, 16GB DDR4 and a GTX 1070.

The plane was absolutely still usable on the old machine.

How was it on the new machine, im just drafting up my shopping list for a new pc build, and have got my eye on the 7700K, already have a STRIX 1080

Jason Dilley

Iain,I know it's extra money but for around £140 the EVGA 1050ti SuperClcocked GPU will certainly give your PC a huge performance boost.

Thanks Tony, I'll look into that one.

Iain