Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

I may have to pass on this one

I'm running it on an i5-4690k @ 3.5 GHZ, 8.0 GB Ram, GeForce GTX1060 with 6 GB Ram & its smooth.

P3Dv3.4.

Have been out of Orly & Munich without any issues.

IMHO this 747 is worth the price. Will provide hours of flight sim enjoyment.

Glen Spackman

So long as you are prepared to mess about with settings a bit, the PMDG 747 can certainly run on a not very fancy machine. I've had it running okay on a PC in FSX-SE which has really borderline specs, and it still got up to over 50 fps at times and 25-30 fps on payware airports with 30 percent AI airliner traffic, 100 percent clouds, add-on terrain mesh up high etc, so I wasn't having to sacrifice that much. You've just gotta know what to tweak to get it going okay (generally speaking, that means managing your scenery library well, so that FS isn't allocating memory to fancy scenery add-ons halfway around the world that you are not going to fly to on your particular FS flight).

And by really borderline specs, I mean this...

i7 2600 at 3.40 Ghz, a clunky old AMD Radeon HD6900 and only 4G of DDR3 memory on the motherboard.

And just so you know, that same PC runs the FSL A320 easily as well. This is whilst also running REX, Air Hauler 2 and Pro ATC X, and alt tabbing out of FS and posting on Avsim and listening to music, sending work emails etc.

PMDG have done a great job in optimising their new 747.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I don't have a lot of time into the PMDG 747 but it seems to run just as well as the PMDG 737 on my system, if not better.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

I don't have a lot of time into the PMDG 747 but it seems to run just as well as the PMDG 737 on my system, if not better.

Bill

As I have posted before, I'm waiting for AMD's new CPU and Vega graphics.

I am running an AMD 8350 and just added a ATI RX-480. The difference is quite noticeable. Just fired up the Queen II's Tutorial to show my grand son in-law the bird and let him try his hand.

Sitting at KDEN with AS16 I am seeing 30-35 FPS, did not expect that. The RX-480 also handles VR very well. Always get a card with 8GB of vid memory. For a $230.00 video card how can you go wrong?

As usual PMDG has blown the competition away. The 747 has always been my favorite!

Best

BaldyB

Denis Bolduc

• Upvote 1

Thanks to all the others who responded after my last "thank you" post. You have all convinced me and, of course, I should have had more faith in PMDG - sorry Robert & team!

Iain Smith