Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

Aircraft Specific Settings in Ops Centre

Can someone tell me if this is planned to be included or if its just me that doesn't have the aircraft specific settings option for the 744 in the Ops Centre?

Cheers

Craig Read

Craig Read, EGLL

It's not just you, Craig. I don't have them either. Deliberate omission, perhaps?

Walter Meier

Deliberate omission. I can't remember why we removed it, but we did for some specific reason. Just set it in the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

Deliberate omission. I can't remember why we removed it, but we did for some specific reason. Just set it in the sim.

Ok... I find that quite weird but hey.. easy come easy go....

For the record I personally found it very useful when I was setting up the aircraft in PFPX, for example checking simple things like which aircraft use lbs and which use kg etc.. For example I thought Virgin would use kg but in fact they use lb... doing this in the OPs centre is really easy with the Aircraft Specific Settings, I'm assuming the only other way is to load each aircraft or is there an easier way?

Cheers

Craig Read

Craig Read, EGLL

Ok... I find that quite weird but hey.. easy come easy go....

Like I said - there was a specific reason for it. I just can't recall what it is. I've had my head down working on my own projects, honestly.

doing this in the OPs centre is really easy with the Aircraft Specific Settings, I'm assuming the only other way is to load each aircraft or is there an easier way?

I found it to be similarly nice for this. For now, you can go to <sim root>\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\Aircraft. Near the bottom, you'll find the KG v LBS switch as "MetricWeightUnits." 1 means KG; 0 for LBS. Most of the settings are pretty self-explanatory (and Boolean / on-off), though I understand that it's a bit more cumbersome.

Kyle Rodgers

I found it to be similarly nice for this. For now, you can go to <sim root>\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\Aircraft. Near the bottom, you'll find the KG v LBS switch as "MetricWeightUnits." 1 means KG; 0 for LBS. Most of the settings are pretty self-explanatory (and Boolean / on-off), though I understand that it's a bit more cumbersome.

Not perfect but far easier than loading each plane individually.. 

Cheers

PS: Does HS-TGP really have a company cost index of 1000? :)

Craig Read, EGLL

PS: Does HS-TGP really have a company cost index of 1000? :)

Not sure. It's not a verified config (as noted by one of the last lines, and in the OC), but it could be a typo as we were creating it.

Kyle Rodgers

For the record VS do use Kgs.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'