Sign in to follow this  
Turlad

Failure feature request

Can I make a request for a future failures feature?

We badly need a way of triggering features based on either speed and/or altitude. The current time based system is pretty inflexible if you want to trigger common 'sim check' type events. Events like engine failures / fires at specific points in the take off roll, or say an autopilot failure just before minimums on a CAT3 approach. 

Having a speed / altitude trigger would make programming failures so much easier and hassle free, even more realistic. This must have been brought up before. Please.

Cheers.

Adam Turley

I agree, failures would be much more useful if you could trigger on Airspeed and Altitude conditions (greater than/less than).

ki9cAAb.jpg

Events like engine failures / fires at specific points in the take off roll

This is already in there.

You may want to submit a ticket in the support system for the rest.

Kyle Rodgers

This is already in there.

You may want to submit a ticket in the support system for the rest.

With respect we've got 'V1 cut', but this always triggers a 'engine severe damage' just before V1. I'd like to have the option of engine failing at say 80kts, 120kts, etc. Also, I'd like an engine fire just before V1, or engine flameout at V1... It changes memory items / training value. 

I'll do that, thanks. To be fair we've had the same basic failure system since 2005, and although great, it could do with some new features. 

Adam Turley