Sign in to follow this  
Nicrative

HDG TRUE/NORM animation looks a bit odd

Hello,

Is the animation of HDG TRUE/NORM button correct? For me it seems like the switch moves out from its mount while moving the switch. Could be that it's simulating the lifting of the switch or something but still think it's a bit lousy animation. And in the end it's not a major thing on such a complex aircraft but thought to ask about it anyways if you guys wanted to look into it :)

Refrence: https://gyazo.com/99823ab6d0ae219ec208c6e83ee81ad5

https://gyazo.com/2f6669f86fee028086283d4e9a207e89

Otherwise I am loving every bit of this simulation and want to give huge thanks to PMDG team for bringing another great product for us hardcore simmers.

Best regards,
Jouka Ahponen

Jouka-

It is a switch that requires a pull on the lever guard to flip "over" the center.  This is done to ensure intended change over and prevent unintended activation.  Not seeing the lousy animation here, looks appropriate to me.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I know it requires a pull over a guard. I have actually operated such switch in real life so I know how it works. But looking at the animation of this switch there is no "pull" movement moving the switch out from the panel on x axis on xyz-coordination. It seems to only move on z axis with a jump first "out from the mount" and then moving the switch to correct position.

It could be I am really just nitpicking here though but in my opinion the "wrong" movement is visible from longer distances as well.

Thanks for pointing this out.  Sometimes little things like this slip through.  We'll be sure to address it in a future update.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Thank you vscimone. Yeah, there is so many switches and animations that it's understandable.

Have a good weekend.

Thanks for pointing this out.  Sometimes little things like this slip through.  We'll be sure to address it in a future update.

Naughty corner for you guys, Vin. But seriously, from what I have seen on the forums so far, it doesn't seem like you guys missed much at all. I've not yet managed to do any flights with her, but from the pictures and videos of others, this just seems on a whole different level of incredible.