Sign in to follow this  
justin48

Instant OOM

..both things are done....deleting your FSX (or P3D) cfg file, and install  nvidia driver v 376.33

there is the same problem as before :-(

I keep seeing people refer to the strength of their computers. This isn't a computer issue at all. This is a program issue. You can take FSX and run it on IBM's Watson and it'll still die of the same problem because it isn't a hardware thing. VAS cannot be affected by any item that you shove into your computer (with a minor exception for your processor being 64 bit allowing a tiny bit more usable VAS, provided your OS is also 64 bit).

The above topic is the reason we included a VERY comprehensive discussion on VAS in the Intro Manual, which you all should read.

Looking at the other discussions on where these issues are occurring, this seems to be a scenery issue. VAS is a total sum game. While the 747 does play a part in VAS, the main consumers are scenery. Note that all of the people posting in here have listed some quite heavy scenery add-ons. If your "VAS Bucket" can hold 10 VAS "units," and the sim uses 4, the 747 uses 2, and your scenery uses 5, you're going to overfill the bucket and crash the sim. There are ways to reduce scenery-related VAS hits from your sim settings to settings in those scenery programs. These are mentioned in the Intro Manual, and all over the forum here.

Please have a read through the Intro Manual discussion before jumping in here and starting to fire off in all kinds of different directions, without having a firm understanding of what the problem is here.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Show me your graphic and rest of the settings, please. Most likely you will have to set LOD to lowest setting and reduce on autogen - medium should be fine. 

So, show the setting and we will see.

Tom Link

Hello scandinavian 13,

It is not my way to talk about a product in a negative way, as I would like to fly  the 747 but unfortunately it is not possible. When starting the FSX with the B747 in EDDF I have got a VAS occupancy of 3.5 Gb .... this grows continuously then over 4GB until the OOM comes.
At the same place in EDDF with the T7 or the 737 NGX the memory remains below 3.8GB but does not rise higher up / above
I  made all the settings shown in the description ...

@ ST1322... which setting you need to have... the fsx.cfg ? The Hardware facts ?

Please let me know ...

And thank you for helping me

best regards

Stephan

I'm getting CTD after the update through the update center on P3D V3 latest version, nothing changed on the computer other than the update, so for sure it has something to do with PMDG update for 747 v3,  I've tried it a few times and after takeoff within a few mins, it crashes.

I'm getting api.dll crash, and another with unknown.

Evan Banalian.

Steba, I just noticed that you run FSX... well I got rid of that some time ago, but I remember that when using 777 I also had to reduce the LOD and autogen...

You may post Fsx cfg. Regarding hardware... your CPU is... quite outdated. I had the same and was clocked to 4.0 on air HT disabled. Only then I had acceptable results both fps and vas related.

Another thing, what other add ons are present? All is eating valuable vas. What you have in the start is way too much. 

Tom

Tom Link

Good morning Tom,

Hardware: OS-WIN10 64 bit /SSD 256GB / HDD1TB / Intel i7 6700K 6x 4.00GHz / NVIDIA GTX 950 - 2048MB / 8GB DDR3.....CH Choke & Pedals

Software: FSX

EZ Dok / Flight Sim Commander 9 / Active Sky 2016 / FTX Global with various regions / FTX Vector / vPilot when flying online / Many Airports from Aerosoft (EDDF,EGLL,LEPA,LPPT,......& ORBX Airports) Scenery Configurator - run with reduced scenery... Europe / Asia / USA / South America /....

Please send me your private mail adress, I coul not add a file or screenshot here.... how does it work ?

thank you

Stephan

[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432
D3D10=0
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024
NUM_LIGHTS=8
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=0
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
AC_SELF_SHADOW=0
EFFECTS_QUALITY=2
GROUND_SHADOWS=0
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1
HIGHMEMFIX=1
[SOUND]
AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000
SOUND_FADER1=0.500000
SOUND_FADER2=0.500000
SOUND_FADER3=0.500000
SOUND_FADER4=0.500000
AmbientUIMusic=FSX01
PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
SOUND=1
SOUND_QUALITY=2
SOUND_LOD=0
UISound=1
AmbientUI=0
[Display]
ChangeTime=4.000000
TransitionTime=4.000000
ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64
NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64
InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0
InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0
InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoBrakesEnable=True
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True
InfoPauseEnable=True
InfoSlewEnable=True
InfoStallEnable=True
InfoOverspeedEnable=True
BLOOM_EFFECTS=0
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0
WideViewAspect=True
[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
ProcSpeed=7250
PerfBucket=7
HideMenuNormal=1
HideMenuFullscreen=0
Location=320,114,1360,893,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=2
DisablePreload=1
[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
DEFAULT_VIEW=0
QUICKTIPS=1
PANEL_OPACITY=100
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=1
[Weather]
WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1
MinGustTime=10
MaxGustTime=500
MinGustRampSpeed=1
MaxGustRampSpeed=200
MinVarTime=5
MaxVarTime=50
MinVarRampSpeed=10
MaxVarRampSpeed=75
TurbulenceScale=1.000000
WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com
WeatherServerPort=80
WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0
AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1
DynamicWeather=0
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DisableTurbulence=0
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=5
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=7
THERMAL_VISUALS=0
[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950.0]
Mode=1680x1050x32
TriLinear=1
[CONTROLS]
Controls_Default=Standard
Controls_Current=Standard
KBDAIL=64
KBDELEV=64
KBDRUD=64
[TextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
[TextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
GForce=1,3
FuelPercentage=1,4
[TextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
GForce=2,3
FuelPercentage=2,4
[SlewTextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
[SlewTextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
[SlewTextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
[Trusted]
E:\Microsoft FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.bbuaqilwquoqawezakkanhhzncquciberbwqkowi=1
E:\Microsoft FSX\as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe.hlukoonlqhnuarwrrrcckqctcwnizbtntnooezib=1
C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe.chcrnolzqeclatokiqektqwbzlzankbnknenbeuo=1
C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe.brrcbeucalcluibhwibrrkzwrczlqhzrinnkoezt=1
E:\Microsoft FSX\bglmanx.dll.eczloanknotbbrlaitwhiawzuzqoewkhuqouwthk=1
E:\Microsoft FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YMML.dll.ttaeknzutatitqkctquchotcnknnlncrcziuiahu=1
E:\Microsoft FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll.ttaeknzutatitqkctquchotcnknnlncrcziuiahu=1
E:\Microsoft FSX\Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll.lobhzclalihkhnbqziuulbzwoiwbeieaqhtcknrb=1
E:\Microsoft FSX\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll.uhcqbobineeatqzbrkklrzarlqzuubrkuhhttwri=1
E:\Microsoft FSX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.zkkwhkeotqaratznrqberutorrnirizuheuozhhc=1
E:\Microsoft FSX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll.ubbnlrahitonniteizncectrwrcrqrqoblolrzic=1
E:\Microsoft FSX\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.ukrlhwkiccrlrbqbhokqnocknookhqhkuzhcaitn=1
E:\Microsoft FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.cbkzlrezhtqrwcocwtiunoakkwniizoiiiqaunzc=1
C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll.noooarhbbbaqrhhbccbarwrtuewbaeriletntqzc=1
E:\Microsoft FSX\as_srv\as_btstrp.dll.ekieqtronckzthuckoaothrihzlwnatatuwhnwzq=1
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\XGauge.DLL.lucklquaqucwqqzklionalzoulcbnwokberiiuck=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747QOTSII.DLL.hatcizhkatuqoltaricicbicnhtkzrrziuutokih=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL.zaniiwoahrzawcnqwnnwzwoklnbzwohzebiicczz=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/FMGS.DLL.zcabbkeqibernloahbqlcwelinhrenbezialklrc=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/Airbus_ECAMD2D.DLL.cinqulelzqonewarilbrlklkkluwcnwtulaizrrq=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/ASC.DLL.ounerakbzhuzbwculzqtlnrwihlheutwihwwwlwn=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/ND/AB_ND_GDI.DLL.alttlnhilrcqtozaokwtqiblzwnoaekqtrkbnaqo=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/AsInput.DLL.neulzhhlbehcaiibbkckcriilbqllnnhqwkzckrk=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/FBW.DLL.uqiluceqancibqueibeuicehuwieiunoiezizlwk=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/AirbusXE2.DLL.zkiwzqwbnneqlitbecatewnkqlirallzowcrzkqc=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/AirbusXE.DLL.qorkcwikzchniuwuteoallnacrwzlwukiitweucn=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll.urunbcrhrnoitwqbilbkueolknnuhtetrztlhubt=1
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747QOTSII.DLL.nuzhihnrocucieweblbkobbulhcowwkkihcwhrkl=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/FMGS.DLL.zcabbkeqibernloahbqlcwelinhrenbezialklrc=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/Airbus_ECAMD2D.DLL.cinqulelzqonewarilbrlklkkluwcnwtulaizrrq=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/ASC.DLL.ounerakbzhuzbwculzqtlnrwihlheutwihwwwlwn=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/ND/AB_ND_GDI.DLL.alttlnhilrcqtozaokwtqiblzwnoaekqtrkbnaqo=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/AsInput.DLL.neulzhhlbehcaiibbkckcriilbqllnnhqwkzckrk=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/FBW.DLL.uqiluceqancibqueibeuicehuwieiunoiezizlwk=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/AirbusXE2.DLL.zkiwzqwbnneqlitbecatewnkqlirallzowcrzkqc=2
E:\Microsoft FSX\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/AirbusXE.DLL.qorkcwikzchniuwuteoallnacrwzlwukiitweucn=2
[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000
[VirtualCopilot]
VirtualCopilotActive=0
[USERINTERFACE]
PageID=1
OpenATCOnCreate=0
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
SITUATION=C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\Flight Simulator X-Dateien\EDDF
Map_Orientation=2
ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
SelectAircraftManufacturer=Alle
SelectAircraftPublisher=Alle
SelectAircraftType=Alle
[ATC]
ShowATCText=1
COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF
COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6
COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B
COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00
COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840
AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1
UsePilotVoice=1
PilotVoice=0
[PointOfInterestSystem]
CycleSetting=0
[SCENERY]
LENSFLARE=0
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=4
[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=0
GADensity=0
FreewayDensity=0
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0
LeisureBoatsDensity=0
IFROnly=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0
[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=75
MESH_RESOLUTION=22
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=28
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=2
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_EFFECTS=4
[AContain]
ShowLabels=1
ShowUserLabel=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=1
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabelTailNumber=0
ShowLabelDistance=1
ShowLabelAltitude=1
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FFFF0000
[INTERNATIONAL]
ASLAT=2
ASLON=0
MEASURE=1
[REALISM]
PFactor=1.000000
Torque=1.000000
GyroEffect=1.000000
CrashTolerance=1.000000
General=1.000000
UnlimitedFuel=False
TrueAirspeed=False
AutoCoord=False
RealMixture=True
StressDamage=False
GEffect=True
ManualLights=True
GyroDrift=False
CrashWithDyn=False
CrashDetection=False
AutoTrim=False
[SIM]
SYSCLOCK=1
[STARTUP]
DEMO=0

Steba, please set LOD to minimum and try again. Check if there is any reduction is vas. 

Btw - I'm on P3D now and there vas management is better, not the best. It is better comparing to fsx.

Tom Link

While I don't have OOM's I have to say that QOTS3 "eats" more memory....specially when you start from FT APT or when you fly over ONTARIO (YYZ IFR) and Ibelieve that this was confirmed after some tests performed..... But it seems to hold up to 3.1 GB used after 11:00 hr flight I performed couple of days ago and landing in UUEE with heavy scenery and heavy WX 100Ft AGL! I thought at one moment flying over YYZ IFR, when VAS spiked to 3.3GB that there is no way I would make it till the end, but it dropped and remained steady. I Use everything possible (almost), ORBX, REX, FT APTS, ASN, HDX APTS, GSX....NVIDIA is 376.53?! which I have not updated since December....with I6700, 1070 MSI, 32 GB. SSD's and LOD to 4.500.....gives me good performance and decent FPS.

Only thing that I can confirm is that VAS jumps with outside view and to be honest I can't recall that happening 6 months ago or more....whether that start happening after some updates, WIN, NVIDIA, STEAM or what.....I don't know.....  My take on this issue.....If any of you would like me to share more setting please let me know, I will be glad to help you.....(but I am not expert by any stretch of imagination) I am just a driver with some technical knowledge picked up from good fellows on different FlightSim forums....:laugh: