Sign in to follow this  
justin48

Instant OOM

Just purchased the 747 QOTS, installed it, and have some major problems.

I am starting it in the Long Turn around state.  

First, I have a transparent nose in the Select Aircraft screen, that never displays normally.

When the aircraft appears at its airport, the initial VAS reading was 1,215,331 which immediately dropped to 666,628 as soon as the initialization process started.  

From there the VAS leaked down to about 300,000 by the time I got everything turned on and started to set up the FMC.

The OOM came shortly after takeoff.

My PMDG 777 initializes at about 937,000 on the VAS readout, and stays between 800,000 and 900,000 for the whole flight.

I have followed all the suggestions in the manuals regarding cfg and fsx modifications.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit, with an Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.20 GHz, a GeForce STRIX GTX-970 video card, 12 gb of memory and the latest Nvidia driver set.

Any help would be appreciated.

This doesn't address your OOM issue, but the "skeleton" nose in "Select Aircraft" is mentioned in the Intro Manual. Everyone should get it. I know I do.

Some have found a solution by backing up one NVIDIA driver, I know it worked for me. NVIDIA's latest driver has issues...

Norman Henderson

Thanks.  Rolled back the NVIDIA driver, with no improvement.  Literally, as soon as the aircraft finished its initialization, the VAS drops from 1,200,000 to 600,000 and then continues sinking.  Now at 490,000 and dropping.  Aircraft in the "select aircraft" screen still appears transparent from the wing root forward.

Literally, as soon as the aircraft finished its initialization, the VAS drops from 1,200,000 to 600,000 and then continues sinking.  Now at 490,000 and dropping.

What are you running along with the 744?

Aircraft in the "select aircraft" screen still appears transparent from the wing root forward.

What is the disablepreload line set to in the FSX/P3D.cfg?

Kyle Rodgers

Justin,

Your use of the word "leak" appears to communicate that you are immediately certain the issue is PMDG's and totally and completely unrelated to anything else you might be asking the sim to accomplish.

Given that we have many many thousands of users NOT experiencing this problem, and given that the source code has been extensively examined using professional tools to identify and eliminate memory "leaks" I am going to give you some pushback in your choice of terms.

It is also worth pointing out that a memory "leak" in the traditional sense is going to take 12+hrs to manifest itself.

So lets cut to the chase:  can you give us a rundown of what you are loading and where?  I noticed your complaint was almost entirely bare of detail that might allow us to actually offer assistance- but I suspect you knew that. 

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I have the exact same problem as you! And it's quite frustrating as I have a top-of-the-line PC. I love how people say the VAS is better in this plane that the 777. Well, IT ISNT. I have not had a single OOM with the 777. On the ground, I have anywhere from 75-85% VAS. As soon as I depart, It jumps to 95%. Even over the ocean!

- Logan Schroeder

"Top of the line" is very subjective - it means nothing in fact.

What's required at the very least:

1) System specs:

2) Config file for Prepar3D/FSX

3) Flight that can be recreated on.

4) Graphics Card driver version

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Robert-  I actually wasn't looking to blame anyone for anything, only to understand what the problem was and fix it.  

As I own the NGX, the JS41, the original 747, and the 777, it should be clear that I like your products.

Perhaps leak is the wrong word, but when I can watch the VAS diminish before my eyes, like water down a drain, even without changing a parameter, flipping a switch in the cockpit, or turning on a system, that was the word that came to mind.   I don't think a snarky reply to a request for help is warranted here.

I did post my specs vis-a-vis my computer.  Here is every detail:

Software:

-Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

-FSX:SE version 10.0.62615 - It is installed in the default Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common location.  This works for every other aircraft I fly - PMDG, A2A, Majestic, Flight1, etc.

-EZ Dok

-Avilasoft EFB (runs on networked computer)

-Flight Sim Commander (runs on networked computer)

-Track IR

-Active Sky 2016

-FTX Global with various regions

-FTX Vector

-vPilot when flying online

Hardware

-Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 GHz

-GeForce STRIX GTX970

-12 GB RAM

-2nd to last version of NVIDIA drivers (rolled back from latest version in response to a suggestion on this thread)

-Saitek Cessna Yoke/Throttle quad/Rudder Pedals/Radio quadrant

If I have left anything out, tell me what else you need to know.  There is every possibility that this is somehow something I am missing or doing wrong.  Not looking to assign blame, just want it to work and fly from point A to point B without the OOM.

Thanks for your interest..

Hello Justin, I was actually replying to Logan too regarding his PC specs,

What are your config file settings? They can tell quite a lot regarding memory usage. Can you paste your config file,- you can remove any personal information from it if present.

Regards,

Jude

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Can you paste your config file,- 

Regards,

Jude

If you pm me an email address, I'll send you the file.  Otherwise, it's seems too many lines of code to burden the forums with, and there is no way I can find to attach files in this forum.

Hello,

this plane is beautiful and it make fun to fly as long I can fly. I have constant OOM's what realy hurts.

I own the T7 as well as the B737 from PMDG and they are doing very well without any problems with good frame rates and NO OOM's.

When does it happen?

Flying from FlyTampa OMDB (Dubai) to Aerosoft EDDF (Frankfurt)

from Aerosoft EDDH (Hamburg) to FlyTampa EHAM (Amsterdam)

From EDDF to LGAV FlyTampa (Athens) and return.

It always happens after arrival leaving the runway onto the taxiway. Again it never happen with PMDG'S T7

My System is quiet good with I7-3930, 64 bit, Win 10 professional, 16 GB Ram, NVidia GTX 670, newest driver

I have several Fly Tampa and Aerosaft Airports installed plus AS16 and ASCA, Here I have to say that I reduced all setting to a minimum already.

I am using MyTraffic 2013 at a Level of 18%, hard to see any aircraft at the airports

I preselected all recommendations from the PMDG 747 Manual incuding a new FSX.cfg and the recommended fixes.

Within the FSX I reduced all settings compared to all I was using with T7, In the meantme I have all somewhere at "normal" or in half position.  Still getting the OOM's

As the T7 is also from your company and it works extremely good for me, you may find the difference between the 747 and the T7. I cannot see an improvement. I see somewhere a Change for the worse.

Again even with lower settings I can not finalize the flights as I can do with T7.

I did not install any other hard or software or change any drivers.

Now, were is the problem?

Looking Forward to your reply.

Bst regards from Germany

Michael

Hello,

I missed one maybe important fact:

The OOM only happens after switching to the external view sometime during the flight. I am using the Lufthansa livery from the PMDG operation manager, the 747-400.

Kind regards

Michael

Hello,

did you get any feedback regarding the OOM, I bought the 747 on Sunday and have the same problems !!! The other PMDG - planes works well ??? (737&/777)

regards

Stephan