Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

loss of button functions

Hi all

Got an issue that has suddenly appeared that I cannot seem to fix

background is this I have recently purchased an occulus rift which comes with an xbox 360 controller,so having never tried to use this way to change my views I thought I would give it a bash,and still plan to.

However I couldnt control the speed very well so I wrongly assumed that this may have something to do with the panning I use on my x55 stick,so I deleted the buttons for panning under the controls of the preferences.

When I then tried to assign a hat switch on the xbox360 controller,it would not register any commands,as I may have an issue with this controller I decided to go back to what I was using before ie my hat switch on my x55 stick, but the chaseplane control assignments have stopped working  they do not recognise anything on hotas system.I'm currently using  v0.1.589

anything that I had previously with the hotas still works ok,I just can't add anything new 

Can you offer any ideas or help with a fix

Thanks

Pete Little

Are you trying to assign them as buttons, keys or axis?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Kevin

I'm trying to assign them as buttons on my pov hat switch on the x55 stick

This is what i had been using before,which worked fine

I can still use the pov hat to pan up and down as i did not delete these, but i cannot assign the pov hat now to pan left and right which i was able to do before, chase plane does not recognise any of the buttons on my x55 hotas system

Thanks

Pete Little

Any update as to weather this is an issue or not ?

NONE of my buttons on my x55 stick or throttle are recognised by chase plane. I can assign keyboard commands but for me this is totally unsatifactory.

I have checked that I have no conflicts for the panning functions assigned in either p3d or fsuipc

Curiously if i go to the cotntrol assignment under preferences then select the pan left or pan right button which then brings up the button page to assign my pan left and right button works in the sim until I click on the confirm button. although at no point does it show the assignment.

As i said in an earlier post I had previously set all 4 pans an deleted the pan left and right,but still have the pan up and down in my settings these are shown in the buttons as x55s-pov0 and x55s-pov180

now when I am in the control assignment page of chaseplane and move my pov these do not move unlike the pan left and right, again though no details are shown. However once confirm is ticked the pan up and down function works.

I have tried uninstalling chase plane and deleting the cameras.cfg file but this has made no difference.

How can I fix this or am I going to have to delete this and go back to Ezdok.

Thanks

P.S I am now running 0.1.604 and also where do i find the chaseplane crash log if I send a support ticket

Pete Little

Hi Pete, contact us via our support page with a link to this thread, we will try to fix it one-on-one as I am unable to reproduce it on my end

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42