Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Tool Tips Gone?

I can hover the mouse pointer over switches &  live controls In the cockpits of most of the aircraft I fly in P3Dv3.4 & have some text pop up that ID's the switch & its state. Eg: "Nav Lt On".

These Tips seem to be absent from the 747-400 cockpit.

Do they exist but have to be switched on, or have they been dispensed with?

I get the curled hand ok, but not the text, which was handy for learning controls & switches.

TT45

Do they exist but have to be switched on, or have they been dispensed with?

Welcome to the forum.

You need the option turned on in your sim settings. I have them on mine.

Are you using any camera add-ons like ChasePlane or EZDok?

Also, please make sure to include your real name in your posts - first and last. Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

Welcome to the forum.

You need the option turned on in your sim settings. I have them on mine.

Are you using any camera add-ons like ChasePlane or EZDok?

Also, please make sure to include your real name in your posts - first and last. Thanks!

Not using ChasePlane or EZDok.

I have Tool Tips ticked in P3D Set Up, "General" section.

Know another P3D 747 flyer with same issue.

Is there anything in 747 set up we should be doing?

Thanks

Glen Spackman

i have this also, im not going to address it as a problem or anything, but i too have tool tips selected in P3D and get nothing when in VC, the only camera thing i have is TrackIR

Jason Dilley

I notice this too.  The only tooltip I see is on the TOGA/Autopilot on|off/Autothrottle on|off "screw" on the MCP.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Haven't figured out how to get Tool Tips back yet.

Is anyone running the 747 in P3Dv3.4 getting the Cockpit Tool Tips?

If so, were they showing upon installation of the aircraft,  or did you have to tweak something to have them appear?

Thanks

Glen Spackman

Are you not seeing any tooltips at all? Just a few? If the latter, this is probably normal. PMDG only added a few tooltips for some obscure items. The self-explanatory switches don't have any.

Walter Meier

I can add something. Tool tips are there but not for all I expected. For example: is there supposed to be tooltip for trim setting? I don't get any.

Tom Link

Tom Link

is there supposed to be tooltip for trim setting?

With the actual value like the NGX? I'm not seeing it either. I imagine it was deemed superfluous. The numbers are quite easy to see.

Walter Meier

For example: is there supposed to be tooltip for trim setting? I don't get any

No there is no tooltip for trim settings. You can just zoom in and watch as you set the trim to the correct figure.

With the actual value like the NGX?

You don't need it to set the trim in in the NGX with Toooltips. Just zoom in on trim wheel and set it. The CDU may say 5.42 but it doesn't need to be exactly that. Just eyeball the setting. Maybe it will be 5.35 or 5.48. It is not going to make a difference. Just get it in the ball park.

Out of curiosi

I can add something. Tool tips are there but not for all I expected. For example: is there supposed to be tooltip for trim setting? I don't get any.

Tom Link

Out of curiosity, roughly how many Tool Tips can you see in the Cockpit.

Its looking more likely that there are not many.

Thanks

Glen Spackman

I'd like to add that I have no Tool Tips either despite my ticking the box in P3D.  The manual says they should be there.  Is this an oversight that could be fixed in a future SP?  I really like flying with Tool Tips on.  Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

Not many tool tips. Basically I have the ones mentioned in the manual. It doesn't bother me at all as the only tooltip I'm interested is: hidden spot and perhaps trim setting. However since it doesn't have to be that accurate, I can live without it.

Tom Link

Not many tool tips. Basically I have the ones mentioned in the manual. It doesn't bother me at all as the only tooltip I'm interested is: hidden spot and perhaps trim setting. However since it doesn't have to be that accurate, I can live without it.

I'm starting to pick them up as I get to middle of Tutorial 1.

Right hand with index finger extended seems to be the clue.

Answered as far as I am concerned now.

Glen Spackman

If it was FSX then I'd say that tool tips do not work with dx10 enabled.... but it's p3d..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)