Sign in to follow this  
Chok

A couple of questions/issues

Hello, I have a few questions regarding the 747, which is absolutely fantastic by the way.

First one of the panels to the left of the captain and right of the first officer have a hole in them at the corner towards the back of the panel, is this intended? It appears in both Cargo and Pax liveries (tested Cargolux 747-400F and Lufthansa 747-400 – see picture below)

First officer: https://gyazo.com/384eaa2c90fc1315b3b6417ff91704d0

Captain: https://gyazo.com/505b2be2a9713ca20bd9caa35ac3fb26

Secondly I noticed a white bar on the captains PFD right next to/below the QHN, what is that?

Cargolux: https://gyazo.com/00cf89496a2ef0a03c085fd5c07f3d39

Lufthansa: https://gyazo.com/060e3818fe5fe36fb4bed0ce72885caf

Thirdly in the Cargolux livery (747-400F), the panel above the engine display that reads “EICAS” is covered by a panel attached to the underside of the MCP, is this intended? It is not covered in the Lufthansa 747-400 pax livery.

Cargolux: https://gyazo.com/9f82b02b5699def6cc650edd752be765

Lufthansa: https://gyazo.com/060e3818fe5fe36fb4bed0ce72885caf

And at last more as a, do anyone happen to know question:

I noticed that the Lufthansa 747 pre-flight checklist, have a check called “Pitot/static” with a response of checked from both the captain and the first officer. I can’t seem to find out what exactly it is they check, is it a setting in the flight deck, is it a verification that they were inspected from the walk around, or something third?

Thanks in advance – back to flying J

Frederik Pedersen

Thank you for pointing out these small issues (the light leaks and EICAS label issue).  We'll be sure to address them in a future update.

As for the small white bar: We are trying to ascertain out the origin of this.  What is the dpi and screen size/resolution you are using?  Are you applying any windows scaling (windows option) in your display properties?

Finally, the pitot/static portion of the check list: There are no pitot/static system checks conducted by a 400 flight crew.  It MIGHT be something that LH keeps on the 400 checklist for consistency with other fleet types where there IS a check made...airlines do that sometimes.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

If it helps, I am running at 4K with 150% scaling set for Windows 10, and do not see this white bar.

Thank you for pointing out these small issues (the light leaks and EICAS label issue).  We'll be sure to address them in a future update.

As for the small white bar: We are trying to ascertain out the origin of this.  What is the dpi and screen size/resolution you are using?  Are you applying any windows scaling (windows option) in your display properties?

Finally, the pitot/static portion of the check list: There are no pitot/static system checks conducted by a 400 flight crew.  It MIGHT be something that LH keeps on the 400 checklist for consistency with other fleet types where there IS a check made...airlines do that sometimes.

Thank you for the quick reply.

My monitor is an Asus PQ279Q 27 Display port at 2560x1440 144hz. I do not use scaling. In regards to DPI its not something I've heard about on monitors before so i am unsure what my setting/amount is. I am flying at the moment and will look into it if you need at a later point.

My graphics card is a GTX 1080, and i have a second monitor connected as well (Asus VH242H 24 HDMI at 1920x1080 60hz) but the sim only runs on the PQ279Q 

It might be worth adding that the issue on the PFD is only periodic and does not happen all the time. I will keep monitoring it, but as far as i can recall the only time out of the 5-10 flights I've done so far, it have only appeared once, which was on approach into Dubai last night. (where the screenshot is from) I am doing the return from Dubai right now in the same livery/model and have not seen it yet.

Frederik Pedersen

here I noticed the missing textures with aisle stand flood lights on. 

UniZz.jpg

upd

7jw9B.jpg

5 minutes ago, keight said:

these are still not fixed

Definitely are. Sounds like you may not have run the updater properly.

Kyle Rodgers

I had no problems or errors during the update. the knobs on the wxr panel are fixed but buttons are still black as well as alerting panel. could you post a picture of how it looks in your cockpit please?

7 minutes ago, keight said:

I had no problems or errors during the update. the knobs on the wxr panel are fixed but buttons are still black as well as alerting panel. could you post a picture of how it looks in your cockpit please?

https://goo.gl/photos/QZguNuFCAAaHnykh7

Kyle Rodgers

thanks. now please check it on a freighter model with the main deck alerting panel on the pedestal.

I noticed that the Lufthansa 747 pre-flight checklist, have a check called “Pitot/static” with a response of checked from both the captain and the first officer.

This is probably to confirm that the pitot-static probes/ports do not have covers or are taped over (with plastic tape). There have been cases where the covers have been left on (after maintenance) resulting in crashes. It's part of the walk-around check.

Cheers

JHW

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

13 hours ago, Qavion2 said:

This is probably to confirm that the pitot-static probes/ports do not have covers or are taped over (with plastic tape). There have been cases where the covers have been left on (after maintenance) resulting in crashes. It's part of the walk-around check.

Cheers

JHW

Thank you :)

Frederik Pedersen

unlike pax versions chart lights on freighters are barely noticeable when on. 2wkGb.jpg

and a question. would it be possible to make reflected light on the fuselage as smooth and clear as on the fin? it looks awful on such a great model.

XrhHx.jpg 

1 hour ago, keight said:

unlike pax versions chart lights on freighters are barely noticeable when on.

Willing to bet this is due to your HDR or add-on shader settings.

1 hour ago, keight said:

and a question. would it be possible to make reflected light on the fuselage as smooth and clear as on the fin? it looks awful on such a great model.

No. This is a result of the lighting trick we needed to use in order to get the lights to properly dim when the gear is raised.

Kyle Rodgers