Sign in to follow this  
Chok

A couple of questions/issues

I never though that was shadows, rather I assumed it was discoloration of the laminate. It's normal.

Dan Downs KCRP

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:39 PM, Captain Kevin said:

I'm guessing it's supposed to be like that since I'm seeing it on mine as WEL.

OK, then it is a reflection from the windshield glass showing as it supposed, more real. Cool!

Patricio Valdes

8 hours ago, trisho0 said:

OK, then it is a reflection from the windshield glass showing as it supposed, more real. Cool!

Or what Dan said above your post.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

5 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Or what Dan said above your post.

Well, I don't see as discoloration as Dan said from that particular area since the shadow is evenly on both windshield Column sides. Similar kind of shadows or reflections from the glass on either windows AC sides. While flying you can see those reflections shadows especially at night with cabin lights On. That's realistic to me. I should say reflections from glass instead of shadows.

Patricio Valdes

YSSY ILS16R is not a CATIII ILS..., you shouldn't be doing autolands in that approach regardless of scenery issues.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

YSSY ILS16R is not a CATIII ILS..., you shouldn't be doing autolands in that approach regardless of scenery issues.

Oops! I thought autoland works with ILS. If FMC setup won't show ILS rwy's then manual landing goes. I can do autoland on other sceneries if ILS is available from FMC.

If such rwy16R has ILS then for what?    Anyway.... I wonder why the PMDG 747 V2 EHSI gauge shows the runway 16R misaligned? The PMDG 737 NGX shows aligned on it. The Level-D shows the same aligned runway. So, it has to be something that needs attention for the PMDG 747 to correct that misalign.

PMDG 777 shows OK as well.

Screenshots http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10209

Patricio Valdes

14 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Oops! I thought autoland works with ILS. If FMC setup won't show ILS rwy's then manual landing goes. I can do autoland on other sceneries if ILS is available from FMC.

If such rwy16R has ILS then for what?    Anyway.... I wonder why the PMDG 747 V2 EHSI gauge shows the runway 16R misaligned? The PMDG 737 NGX shows aligned on it. The Level-D shows the same aligned runway. So, it has to be something that needs attention for the PMDG 747 to correct that misalign.

PMDG 777 shows OK as well.

Screenshots http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10209

That misalignment has nothing to do with the ILS.  Are you using the legacy PMDG 747-400v2?  That screen shot does not look like a PMDG 747-400v3 QOTSII, and in those days the common cause for such a problem was a registry error fixed by the Flight1 registry repair tool (for FS9 or FSX only not P3D).  Also, the discussion of autoland has nothing to do with such a misalignment.  It appears that you are unaware of the real world application of autolanding so we will skip this for now because it belongs in a thread of its own.  As a matter of fact, your original issue should have been a separate post. 

So, which PMDG 747 product are you using?

Dan Downs KCRP

8 hours ago, downscc said:

That misalignment has nothing to do with the ILS.  Are you using the legacy PMDG 747-400v2?  That screen shot does not look like a PMDG 747-400v3 QOTSII, and in those days the common cause for such a problem was a registry error fixed by the Flight1 registry repair tool (for FS9 or FSX only not P3D).  Also, the discussion of autoland has nothing to do with such a misalignment.  It appears that you are unaware of the real world application of autolanding so we will skip this for now because it belongs in a thread of its own.  As a matter of fact, your original issue should have been a separate post. 

So, which PMDG 747 product are you using?

I have the problem only with PMDG 747 V2 and just with FT SYDNEY rwy16R

So, if I am in the wrong AVSIM room then where to go? Or to create a new Post?

Patricio Valdes

27 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

The V2 would fall under the Legacy Products, with which the forum for the legacy 747-400 can be found here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/352-pmdg-747-400-legacy-versions/

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On 28/04/2017 at 11:19 AM, trisho0 said:

Actually, aircraft do lots of autolands into YSSY. It's done to prove the serviceability of the (individual) aircraft's Autoland system. Autolands have to be carried out at least once every 45 days (otherwise the system has to be downgraded). Of course, you can't do an autoland if the visibility is not CAT I.

Cheers

JHW

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

16 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I have the problem only with PMDG 747 V2 and just with FT SYDNEY rwy16R

Did you try the Flight1 Registry Repair tool?  To be fair, I did suggest what the probable solution was but there was still a question about you still using PMDG B747-400v2.  That is no longer a question so obviously you should try the recommendation, right?

Dan Downs KCRP

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:23 PM, downscc said:

Did you try the Flight1 Registry Repair tool?  To be fair, I did suggest what the probable solution was but there was still a question about you still using PMDG B747-400v2.  That is no longer a question so obviously you should try the recommendation, right?

AIRAC 1705 rev2 resolved the issue, I did some shots ...

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10209&p=55762#p55762

Patricio Valdes