Sign in to follow this  
SledheadAK

Cool Features / Easter Eggs

I thought it was be a good idea to start a post where we can list features or easter eggs we have found in the 747!

I was talking to a friend of mine who had no idea that you can middle-click on any of the landing light switches to move them all at the same time...  that has been around since the 777 and he still had no idea!

Another didn't know about the autothrottle click spot on the MCP, and the fact that it has 3 different functions.

I remember Robert mentioned in this article: http://www.avsim.com/topic/495787-01oct16-pmdg-747-400-queen-of-the-skies-ii-is-moving-to-beta-testing/

Oh- and surprises... yes...  surprises...  they told me i'm not allowed to tell you about the....  <transmission garbled>.   Dangit.  That is precisely why we needed a <transmission garbled>.

I wonder what that surprise is!

So if you have found something cool, neat, what have you... post it here, you might have discovered something no one else found!

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

Not to put a damper on the thread here, but:

I was talking to a friend of mine who had no idea that you can middle-click on any of the landing light switches to move them all at the same time...  that has been around since the 777 and he still had no idea!

Intro Manual.  :P

Another didn't know about the autothrottle click spot on the MCP, and the fact that it has 3 different functions.

Intro Manual.  :P

I wonder what that surprise is!

Not in the Intro Manual. We'll announce it at some point in the future though.  :ph34r:

...but there are a few easter eggs that aren't mentioned in the Intro at all. All the same...shameless plug for the Intro. It's a little disheartening to hear people find these things surprising when we've gone through a decent amount of work to make sure they're documented. I do understand people aren't the biggest fans of reading, however (but there are pictures in the Intro too!).

• Upvote 14

Kyle Rodgers

...but there are a few easter eggs that aren't mentioned in the Intro at all. All the same...shameless plug for the Intro. It's a little disheartening to hear people find these things surprising when we've gone through a decent amount of work to make sure they're documented. I do understand people aren't the biggest fans of reading, however (but there are pictures in the Intro too!).

Oh I completely understand, I browsed through all 165 pages the night I got her... but you know, some people.... : :He He:

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

Oh I completely understand, I browsed through all 165 pages the night I got her... but you know, some people.... : :He He:

haha - yep!

Kyle Rodgers

Haha, good find!  Those'll make walkarounds easier.

I'd pay good money to see a crew member doing a walk around on a pogo stick  :P

• Upvote 1

Not so much an easter egg as it is air dynamics, but as mentioned in another thread, I forgot to turn the aft cargo heaters on (those temps were -1/2 respectively) and realized zone D and E of the pax cabin (right above after cargo area) were SIGNIFICANTLY colder than the rest of the cabin.  Once the heaters were turned on, it made the cabin come up to the normal temp.  Again, not an easter egg but still cool how it all works together.

Not a big deal but one small thing I really liked in the tutorial is that when a procedure is related to a FCOM section, ex. "(NP.21.1)" the pdf page is shown as well, ex. "(page 95 of the pdf)". It's much easier to find stuff in the FCOM bible instead of the real nomenclature which is not very user friendly.

• Upvote 2

Wanna know what the next PMDG project is? There's a clue in the 747-400 VC. They are clearly going to be marketing their very own high energy drink...

beer_zpssldiosvj.png

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Wanna know what the next PMDG project is? There's a clue in the 747-400 VC. They are clearly going to be marketing their very own high energy drink...

Does it have wing-flex?