Sign in to follow this  
SledheadAK

Cool Features / Easter Eggs

Cold beer must certainly be an option... imagine the spray off the nose of the can as it is opened.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

I was looking at pictures on the internet and you tube videos and the condensation on that can seems too much. Doesn't look realistic. Definitely a bug

haha  :P

Kyle Rodgers

Not a big deal but one small thing I really liked in the tutorial is that when a procedure is related to a FCOM section, ex. "(NP.21.1)" the pdf page is shown as well, ex. "(page 95 of the pdf)". It's much easier to find stuff in the FCOM bible instead of the real nomenclature which is not very user friendly.

Glad to see someone appreciates this stuff - that was me! (same with the weights in kg in parentheses after the imperial ones in the tutorial)

• Upvote 6

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Glad to see someone appreciates this stuff - that was me! (same with the weights in kg in parentheses after the imperial ones in the tutorial)

Thank you

It's a little disheartening to hear people find these things surprising when we've gone through a decent amount of work to make sure they're documented.

If it makes you feel any better Kyle I read through the whole thing and even after flying a few different payware renditions of the 744 in the past, I still had a few "aha", or "really? That's how that works?" moments, very well done and an interesting read.

Dave Reage

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I figured there might be a new malfunction option. The twilight zone option.

You're flying along when the #2 engine catches fire and shuts down. 30 seconds later you hear a flight attendant banging on the cockpit door screaming "There's a man on the wing of this plane!". You switch to spot view and there he is ripping apart the cowling of the #2 engine. The only way to come out alive is to do a barrel roll and make an immediate emergency landing.

Eric Allen

Question for the team regarding the FCOM and QRH...does Boeing supply them already linked or do you all have to add the links yourselves? Reason I ask is when the T7 came out, I was thrilled to see those two documents had links. With the NGX, they weren't linked so I used Adobe Pro to add chapter links to the FCOM and event links to the QRH myself. I even offered to provide my linked documents to you guys so they could be distributed to the community but due to licensing that wasn't possible. Anyway, it was an absolute b**ch to do, so if indeed you all added them, THANK YOU! In lieu of being able to print, this is the single most handy feature of the documentation!

I am just curious what the real Boeing people has to say on this version.

Of course they like it, but in their own words ? Tabs ?

I am just curious what the real Boeing people has to say on this version.

Of course they like it, but in their own words ? Tabs ?

Yeah, it'd be interesting to know what they think of it 'officially', although since Boeing is a business, they might just not have an official position on the thing because of their corporate identity stance.

Of course the PMDG 747 is an officially licensed product (as it has to be), but then again, so was the default FS98 737, as indeed would be a table mat with the Boeing logo on it, but that doesn't mean they'd approve literally anything. There are of course rules about that sort of thing where companies are concerned, i.e. they're not going to let you produce an officially licensed coffee cup with a picture of PSA Flight 182 plummeting to the ground, for obvious reasons.

Some aircraft companies are belligerent with their IP, most famously where flight sims are concerned, that would probably be Gulfstream. On the other hand, some companies have literally embraced it, most famously, Avions de Transport Régional, who liked the Flight 1 Feel There ATR 72 so much that they would on occasion hand out a goody bag on factory tours which had a copy of it for Flight Simulator in there amongst all the other freebie stuff, which is quite some endorsement.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hmm, it's not that PMDG shows it bad, but just makes a promo of it.

IP or not, if they participated, wouldnt they be proud of the result ?

Hmm, it's not that PMDG shows it bad, but just makes a promo of it.

IP or not, if they participated, wouldnt they be proud of the result ?

Oh I'm sure they would indeed be impressed with what PMDG have managed on FS, but the problem is, the product also highlights Lockheed Martin in its P3D form, and of course they are essentially a competitor of Boeing, so they might not be so keen on that.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On my last flight I forgot to turn on the anti-incing systems and climbing through a layer of clouds I encountered an ICING warning message. It seems icing is modeled. Is it?

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

One thing I noticed on the flight I'm doing right now is that as soon as I turned off the seatbelt signs, the screen in the center console said "PA IN USE" -- presumably the flight attendant telling the passengers to not be dummies and unfasten their seatbelts while seated.

It's the small things that really immerse you! Can't wait to see what else I find.