Sign in to follow this  
jMarten

PMDG 747 Failed to load/freezing

Hello!

I've had some problems regarding my new pmdg 747. When I try to spawn in everything just freezes. I can't for example move around as well as press anything. Everything works fine with all the other aircrafts, including the NGX. Since I find it very hard to explain this issue I uploaded I video.

Best regards,

Sorry, I might have posted this in the wrong category.

Johan,

We have had a few reports of this to tech support as well as here in the forum.

We have an idea what is causing it and two members of the development team are currently researching to see if we cannot narrow down and kill what causes it.

In the mean time:  Did you make any changes related to sound on your machine such as switching from speakers to headset, or changing the sound playback device via our internal menu selection inside the FMS?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Johan,

We have had a few reports of this to tech support as well as here in the forum.

We have an idea what is causing it and two members of the development team are currently researching to see if we cannot narrow down and kill what causes it.

In the mean time:  Did you make any changes related to sound on your machine such as switching from speakers to headset, or changing the sound playback device via our internal menu selection inside the FMS?

Yes actually, I have another problem regarding the sound when using my Logitech G633 headset. So basically when using my headset there is almost no sound in the external view as well as the internal cockpit view. So I've switched back and forth between the headset and my speakers in windows playback devices (when using the speakers the sound seems to work fine). I haven't made any changes within the FMS though.

I managed to fix the freezing issue just by deleting "SoundDevice=" line in PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\747QOTSII_Options.ini file.

Just another question while I am here. Has there been any other reports that the sound is a bit weird when using a headset, and especially a Logitech one?

Hi Johan,

"Sound is a bit wierd" does not describe the issue!

It could be possible you have some software special effects unique to your soundcard active, like bass boost, virtual surrond sound, ambience etc.

Please check if you have anything similar enabled and turn them all off.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Hi Johan,

"Sound is a bit wierd" does not describe the issue!

It could be possible you have some software special effects unique to your soundcard active, like bass boost, virtual surrond sound, ambience etc.

Please check if you have anything similar enabled and turn them all off.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. As I mentioned in my second post there is almost no external sound when using the 747. It's very hard to describe the issue, and I can't upload a video of it since it sounds completely normal when playing back the recording. The thing that might have changed from my second post is that the internal sound sounds normal, as far as I know. But this "sound issue" only appears when I am using my Logitech headset, not when using my speakers. So just be reading that it's probably obvious that there is something wrong with my logitech headset/logitech gaming software.  :smile:

Hmm - you tried the suggestion about disabling software special effects?

Or, it could be that you have set "surround sound" mode on your soundcard - you should not do that and set "stereo mode".

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I can also confirm this issue.  I was having issues with my sound and when I switched the default playback in the fmc, I kept having issues with the aircraft not loading.  It was fixed by deleting the sound entry within the 747 configuration.

Hmm - you tried the suggestion about disabling software special effects?

Or, it could be that you have set "surround sound" mode on your soundcard - you should not do that and set "stereo mode".

I haven't made any changes within my soundcard as far as I know. But I do control some of the audio settings in the Logitech Gaming Software. I will post two screenshots of what settings there is to change in that software. And I have tried to disable surround sound in the Logitech software, but it didn't make any difference in game though.

https://gyazo.com/8e5f29087ddafcbceca2c3d2158c6593

https://gyazo.com/72cbbc6d2a9a0ac8cd16d1af066d0f65

I will try and switch to a different headset and see if that makes any difference.

I can also confirm this issue.  I was having issues with my sound and when I switched the default playback in the fmc, I kept having issues with the aircraft not loading.  It was fixed by deleting the sound entry within the 747 configuration.

Did you manage to fix your sound issues as well, or only the loading issue?

Hi all,

I'd like to add a datapoint... I've had un unrelated crash on my flight to Kai Tak today.

I would just load the last autosave, but I noticed I had new nVidia drivers ready, so I installed them... and proceeded to see that I can't load the 747. Took a while to find this, but, what I found was that I had the device set as Headphones, and the driver install reset the default device to HDMI output.

When I removed the line, I had a working sim, but no sound. Tried to change in MCDU, P3D crashed.

This was all on not yet updated 747 so if there was a fix in OTA update, I don't have it installed yet.