Sign in to follow this  
keight

Resettable siren

On aircraft with the RESETTABLE SIREN option set to NO, pressing the master warning button on the glareshield will not stop the alarm – this goes for any master warning in fact, not just the autopilot.

despite this it does stop the alarm with resettable siren set to NO. at least in case of autopilot disconnection. is it ok?

at least in case of autopilot disconnection. is it ok?

Yes. Despite what the internet says, you need to disconnect the autopilot in the proper way.

As is explained in the Intro Manual:

• Press the AP Disconnect button once to disconnect the AP
  • Wait for the alarm to sound once
  • Press the AP Disconnect a second time

It would seem that many people scour the internet for the "answer" for this, when the answer is right in the Intro Manual, and can be answered a lot sooner than by googling and reading (incorrect) internet thread after internet thread.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle  maybe pmdg  should be  handing  out  demerit  points  for users  posting  issues   that are  found  in the intro   manual :Tounge:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes. Despite what the internet says, you need to disconnect the autopilot in the proper way.

As is explained in the Intro Manual:

• Press the AP Disconnect button once to disconnect the AP
  • Wait for the alarm to sound once
  • Press the AP Disconnect a second time

It would seem that many people scour the internet for the "answer" for this, when the answer is right in the Intro Manual, and can be answered a lot sooner than by googling and reading (incorrect) internet thread after internet thread.

I have no idea what internet says.  :smile:  and Im not asking how to stop the alarm Im aware how to do it in a proper way.

I just copy pasted highlighted lines from the intro manual. It is clearly written that if resettable siren is set to NO then pressing master warning button should not stop the alarm not only the autopilot disconnection but also other master warnings. right? but it DOES stop. 

Introduction document page 42, see the paragraph titled in large bold font "I turned off the autopilot, but I cannot silence the alarm." See also page 88 "RESETTABLE SIREN" option description.

True, it says it will not stop the alarm if it is the siren but not the wailer if A/P disconnect uses that.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, downscc said:

Introduction document page 42, see the paragraph titled in large bold font "I turned off the autopilot, but I cannot silence the alarm." See also page 88 "RESETTABLE SIREN" option description.

True, it says it will not stop the alarm if it is the siren but not the wailer if A/P disconnect uses that.

once again. Intro manual says:

guHc2.jpg

M7OAQ.jpg

Here I get Master Warning with Resettable Siren YES. I push Master Warning/Caution pb and it stops the alarm as it supposed to do.

Now I set Resettable Siren to NO. Again getting Master Warning, and according to the "On aircraft with the RESETTABLE SIREN option set to NO, pressing the master warning button on the glareshield will not stop the alarm" if I press Master Warning/Caution pb it won't shut the alarm up. but it does shut. 

The same with autopilot and any other Master Warning.

There is no difference whether Resettable Siren set to "YES'" or set to "NO". Pushing Master Warning/Caution pb will cancel the alarm in both cases but according to the manual it should not if the option set to NO.

There has to be more to it than this.  I cannot imagine how being unable to silence an alarm would ever be a good thing, it would seem to add unnecessary stress to the situation. Agree?

Give FCOM 15.20.3 "Aurals, Master Warning/Caution Switches and Lights."  Nice long table of various bells, sirens and wailers all different and all act differently depending on cause and B744 variant.  If you find differences between the PMDG product and these tables then please document this on a trouble ticket.  Sooner than later because they are still working on the 748 and the P3Dv4 updates so changes could be made now.

I for one believe all audible alarms should be able to be extinguished so I never saw this as a problem.  First thing crew does is acknowledge alarm and silence it.

Dan Downs KCRP

24 minutes ago, downscc said:

There has to be more to it than this.  I cannot imagine how being unable to silence an alarm would ever be a good thing, it would seem to add unnecessary stress to the situation. Agree?

I for one believe all audible alarms should be able to be extinguished so I never saw this as a problem.  First thing crew does is acknowledge alarm and silence it.

Of course I entirely agree. I just want to now how this feature does work. Are you agree Its not working as described in the intro manual? Wondering whether it is just a bug or  I dont understand the working principle of this option.

I suggest you use the FCOM 7-page table to examine the many different audible alarm states and see if that is how the product works.  It could be that PMDG has a bug whereby audibles that shouldn't be silenced and the option is to not silence in PMDG Options then that in a trouble ticket would be most helpful.  All bug reports need documented on trouble tickets for many reasons, first of all they have a system set up to handle them separately from the user forum (this place).

Dan Downs KCRP

I believe the siren mentioned here is the one which sounds when you disconnect the AP using the little rectangles situated mid point on the center FDC. Not the AP disconnect on the yoke.

With the option set to No, once you yank on the little rectangle block, the siren can't be silenced. With the option set to Yes, you can silence the alarm with the Master Warning reset.

I hope I've understood your question. Usually a PMDG person would jump in here, but I think/hope they're a little busy right now.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

4 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I believe the siren mentioned here is the one which sounds when you disconnect the AP using the little rectangles situated mid point on the center FDC. Not the AP disconnect on the yoke.

With the option set to No, once you yank on the little rectangle block, the siren can't be silenced. With the option set to Yes, you can silence the alarm with the Master Warning reset.

I hope I've understood your question. Usually a PMDG person would jump in here, but I think/hope they're a little busy right now.

The same happens using AP disengage bar (the rectangle block) and alarm stops by pressing Master Warning/Caution pb whatever option you choose YES or NO.

OK. Thanks for the update.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS