Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Some Advice Please

Guest BeaverDriver

Gentlemen:

Just dropping by to say a HUGE thank you to all who helped me out! Flew a 3.8 hr flight today from Vancouver to Toronto (CYVR - CYYZ) using a freeware enhanced Vancouver and a Fly Tampa enhanced Toronto (which is known to be extremely hard on VAS, but boy is it ever nice!) with no issues at all. I started with a VAS of 2.6 and had 3.2 on final at YYZ (that was due to the airport having loaded by that time) and finished with no more than 3.55 on the count even after taxiing for a while to the cargo ramp. I used everyones' suggestions (except I didn't have to reboot on this flight - the VAS held steady at 2.8 pretty much the whole flight) and it made all the difference. So thank you very much. I hope I can return the favour at some point.

Glen,

I was having the same problems as you, no matter what I did with FSX, I would still get the OOM, on most flights. I was spending more time re-installing, etc.  Very little flying.  Now, I have almost 10 flights in the Queen, all long hauls.  Landing with about 30% VAS remaining, frame rates around 35.

2 years ago, I switched to P3D.  When P3D got up to about version 3.2 all the OOM's ceased.

Make the switch, remember, LM, has a 60 day, [i think it's still there] money back guarantee, try it.

Also, they are working on a 64bit platform, why wait????  Might as well enjoy your flights, nothing worse than to get a shut down on short final after 10 hours.

Jerry Friz

Guest BeaverDriver

Hey Jerry,

Yeah, I'd like to make the switch, but my rig isn't up to P3D. I'll consider a new machine for it, but only after they've gone to a true 64 bit (and even then, only after they've worked out the major bugs). Spending big $$ on a machine to switch to another 32 bit sim isn't cost effective for me at this time. But I do get your point and it's not lost on me. Thanks for this.