Sign in to follow this  
Coolieboy

No Green Light On MCP Buttons/Strange Yellow and White Text On Buttons

Hi. 1st off, you guys are phenomenal. I just bought the B744 today and it is a masterpiece.

The problem I'm having is despite the switches, dials and buttons working, the little green and white lights on them do not illuminate after the buttons are activated. For example, the CMD, V/S, Heading Hold buttons among others have no light on them.

To add to that, all of the models seem to have strange yellow and white text that randomly appear on the actual overhead panel buttons themselves.

Is there a way to fix this?

Leon Jackson

Hi Kyle.

DPI Settings: 100%, Landscape and 1280 x 800 is my resolution

That's a fairly odd resolution. What kind of computer and monitor is this?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It's an old, ViewSonic low res monitor without HD capabilities. My LG was damaged so I used this one as a temporary replacement but haven't bothered to change it yet. I don't have this problem with the NGX or 777 or any other aircraft on FSX. This is exclusive to the 744.

Leon Jackson

PC Spec http://imageshack.com/a/img922/371/e6sH3X.png

Regarding the monitor, t's an old, ViewSonic low res monitor without HD capabilities. My LG was damaged so I used this one as a temporary replacement but haven't bothered to change it yet. I don't have this problem with the NGX or 777 or any other aircraft on FSX. This is exclusive to the 744.

Leon Jackson

Sorry to prompt but what could be the problem? It's not the system nor the monitor. It's exclusively with the B744. Has this happened to anyone before? I can't wait to fly this bird properly and it works fine apart from the lights on the buttons as well as the font being enlarged.

Leon Jackson

i am having the same issues, have a open ticket regarding it so lets see what the cause and fix. btw did u rename the DLL file? thanks

No what I did initially was backup the FSX.cfg file, delete it in the roaming/microsoft/fsx folder and have FSX rebuild a new CFG file then chose not to activate the PMDG_Interface.dll on startup.

Problem I faced doing that however was that some old problems with the sim came back. Like using the menues too much would eventually see the plane disappear partially or completely and the scenery would be screwed up too. So now I've just deleted every trace of it in the dll.xml and the fsx.cfg

Leon Jackson