Sign in to follow this  
r_stopnicki

Different Programming of FMC "PERF INIT" Page for 400F?

Hello all:

I have noticed that the FMC programming of the PERF INIT page for the 400F, appears to be different than that for the passenger versions I am familiar with (747v3, 777, 737).

First, the page opens up with the ZFW quantity already shown in LSK3, not with the empty squares.

Second, in LSK1,the title is GR WT ADV and the quantity is shown with a left arrow, for example <264.2 in small numbers

If LSK1 is not pressed, the VNAV programming will not occur and speeds and altitudes will not be available.

When LSK1 is pressed, the weight quantity numbers change to large numbers, followed by the same quanjtity in small numbers.

I include two photos to make myself better understood.

I have tried to find an explanation, but I have been unable.

Anybody can clarify this?

Thanks!

Roberto

25p027k.jpg

29vxyr7.jpg

• Upvote 1

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

The 747-400 has an optional "Weight and Balance System".

Torque sensors in the wheel bogeys send information to a Weight & Balance computer and it automatically computes gross weight and CG. The pilots can choose to accept the value shown or override it with manual values. There is also a W&B panel near Left 1 entry door on the main deck, so you can keep an eye on the CG when loading freight.

Many freight operators fit this option, but, as far as I know, it's available on passenger aircraft too.

Cheers

John H Watson

Anybody can clarify this?

Yep! Beyond what John explained, this is all explained in the Intro Manual. It would do you a lot of good to crack it open and have a look. Load up in one of the default liveries and look at the same page.

...nifty, eh?

Kyle Rodgers

I did crack it open Kyle.

Also "cracked" open the Tutorial. The entire 113 pages.

And as I said in my post, I did not find it, or maybe did not understand.

Happens, you know?

That is why I post here, only to get some help.

Thank you very much John, now it makes sense.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Happens, you know?

Using the AIRCRAFT menu:

When you load a livery from the P3D scenario creation menu and then launch the simulator, the PMDG 747-400 will load the definition file that describes how that aircraft is laid out in terms of cockpit equipment, displays and mechanical fitness.

The AIRCRAFT menu is designed to give you the ability to change the equipment installed in the cockpit, change the way information is displayed to you on the cockpit displays, and to interact with the mechanical reliability of the airplane.

EQUIPMENT Options:

PAGE 11/22 – FUEL & WT/BAL

• FUEL SYSTEM: The original fuel system is the pre AD fuel pump and messaging as the original 747-400 was configured. This system requires the pilot to shut off the pumps with fuel remaining in the Center and Horizontal Stab in accordance with the Boeing directive that came out in 1996. EICAS messaging will alert you when you reach those levels. The updated fuel system incorporates all the AD requirements that mandated as part of the final AD rule: auto pump shutoff, current limiters, revised pump motors and housings, motive flow scavenge pumps and updated EICAS messaging.
  • TAIL XFR TRIGGER: Changes the point at which fuel is transferred out of the tail tanks.
  • WEIGHT BALANCE SYSTEM: This option determines how many sensors are installed to provide the weight of the aircraft on the PERF INIT page. NONE requires a manual entry – either ZFW or GW – by the crew, whereas SINGLE and DUAL provide a weight value that the crew can verify against the dispatch paperwork, and select.

Kyle Rodgers

Great!

Now I understand exactly what to do to make it look the way "I like it".

Thank you!

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada