Sign in to follow this  
Cyprus Airways

[POLL] What do you think PMDG will do next?

What do you think PMDG will do next?  

601 members have voted

1. 1. What aircraft do you THINK they will make or update?

• 737NGX Update (New LED lighting, fuel cutoff switches, Scimitar winglets etc)
    • Boeing 757
    • Boeing 767
    • Boeing 737 MAX (Possibly combined with an NGX update?)
    • Boeing 787
    • Anything 777 related (please comment)
    • Other (please comment)
  2. 2. What would you LIKE them to make or update?

• 737NGX Update (New LED lighting, fuel cutoff switches, Scimitar winglets etc)
    • Boeing 757
    • Boeing 767
    • Boeing 737 MAX (Possibly combined with an NGX update?)
    • Boeing 787
    • Anything 777 related (please comment)
    • Other (please comment)

And I really hope for something NEW.

787 (and Airbus A350) is my favourite.

Geez, the 747 hasn't even been out for a week....  Haha But seriously, I love the 767!  While the 787 is a wonderful aircraft, I just don't get why people would want to fly something so automated, especially when they are sitting in front of a desk.  Not to mention, all of the models aren't even out yet, such as the 787-10.  PMDG will have 30+ years to model a 787, whereas the days of the 757/767, with the exception of freight models, are numbered.  We need to preserve them while we can.  Just my two cents.

757/767

desperately needed for P3D

it will most likely be PMDG best seller of all time (or close to 737NG) - just my guess!

• Upvote 1

Bo Klop

I'd really like to see an update to the NGX - all the new features included with the 747/777 (automatic wind uplink, etc...) as well as the new LED landing lights, scimitar winglets, new CDU keyboard options, etc...

• Upvote 2

I believe the DC-6 for FSX/P3D and 747-8EXP are next, then possibly revisiting the NGX with some updates.

I am excited for the DC-6, it will make a great hangar mate for A2A's 377, Connie, and MJ's DC-3.  

Of the Boeing choices, I would like to see the NGX get a legit BBJ/ER option....the lack of a long range bizjet is a gaping hole in FS.   If you like simulating charter ops, think of all the city pairs that can be opened up with a BBJ.  

Other than that, I would love to see PMDG go to the 'classic' field, and go for something like a 727 or DC-8. We have a enough automated magenta line planes for now.  Nothing against automated magenta line planes, I quite enjoy them(flying the T7 right now), but for me the most important thing needed in this hobby is variety.  

It isn't good to only do one type of thing...ie only GAs, only warbirds, tubeliners, only modern planes, only classic...etc.  Variety keeps the sim interesting.  At least PMDG is trying to do some great classic side projects like the DC-6 and perhaps DC-3 down the road.

If Scott or Robert announced the Howard 500 from either A2A or PMDG, I would go nuts with excitment :wub:

Cheers
TJ

Probably a 737 NEO. 737s always sell well for flight sims

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Wish: 767.

I really think they're probably going to update some of their other products (not really required, truth must be said...) and only then focus on something new. Probaly a 767 but i'm definitely biased towards it :P

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Haven't they all but announced that the next clean-sheet design is going to be a NGX v2? I think I heard that somewhere that it was coming after the -8 expansion and 777 updates.

I would like to see a remake of the NGX with all the new technologies that PMDG has learned over the past 6 years... such as proper ground modeling like PMDG did with the new 747 and like FSL did with their bus... The new improved lighting techniques would be welcomed on the NG as well.

Loved the NGX for years... but it's time

• Upvote 2

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

777-200ER variants are very likely, as well as an updated NGX with scimitar winglets. A DC-6 FSX/P3D port should also be in the works.

My guess for the next new aircraft? ATR-72.

Why? It's the best-selling regional aircraft in the world, and unlike the 757/767 it will continue to sell well into the future. Majestic already has proven with their Q400 that a good turboprop will sell well, and the old Flight1 ATR-72 is seriously showing its age. PMDG has experience with the Jetstream 41 so they'll know how to make a turboprop.

PqaCNiY.jpg

Alternative projects - maybe a cooperative project with FSLabs to cover the whole Airbus range, like the A380/A350. FSLabs start from the small A32X while PMDG starts from the Superjumbos. If PMDG wants to do another classic aircraft then the 747 Classic would be a great project.

Or maybe a stab into the future? The Bombardier CS100. It would make great commercial sense to make an airliner that has the potential to be a bestseller, rivaling the 737NG/A32X.

• Upvote 2

An update for the NGX would be awesome but then again anything PMDG does is awesome :smile:

• Upvote 1

Max, DC-3 and 767.

Mauricio Brentano

DC-6 for P3d and FSX, just because the hard work has already been done.

• Upvote 1

757/767 is what I'd like.

We'll probably end up with the DC6 then updates to the 737, then transfers to XPlane depending on sales...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

What can I say... I'm a bit of a risk taker :P

:P But seriously, full names in the forum - don't take the risk, because Kyle will remove you from the forums.  I suggest you add a signature so that you never forget.