Sign in to follow this  
Cyprus Airways

[POLL] What do you think PMDG will do next?

What do you think PMDG will do next?  

601 members have voted

1. 1. What aircraft do you THINK they will make or update?

• 737NGX Update (New LED lighting, fuel cutoff switches, Scimitar winglets etc)
    • Boeing 757
    • Boeing 767
    • Boeing 737 MAX (Possibly combined with an NGX update?)
    • Boeing 787
    • Anything 777 related (please comment)
    • Other (please comment)
  2. 2. What would you LIKE them to make or update?

• 737NGX Update (New LED lighting, fuel cutoff switches, Scimitar winglets etc)
    • Boeing 757
    • Boeing 767
    • Boeing 737 MAX (Possibly combined with an NGX update?)
    • Boeing 787
    • Anything 777 related (please comment)
    • Other (please comment)

Actually that's not a bad idea; I bet they'd make a fortune if they ported the 737 NG to Aerofly FS2.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

LOL

That would probably cut the support tickets in half!

On a serious note... I must admit, that after reading QW Quarterly update, I kinda hope PMDG starts on a Boeing 787... Given that it's FSX first, P3D second - when bugs are ironed out, which probably means another year. With the speed QW is progressing, PMDG would probably finish a Boeing 787, before QW releases theirs...

*sigh* - was kinda looking forward to it... 

Exactly my thoughts.

I saw good looking pics of the QW 787 a loooong time ago.

And nothing happens....

but I want that 787 so bad :-(

that will mean they've got to simulate the General Electric GEnx engine, and whilst I know it differs a little bit between when it is fitted to the 787, essentially much of the core work of simulating that engine would lay a good deal of the groundwork for having a suitably similar enough engine simulation for a stab at doing a 787.

Same can be said with the PW4000, CF6-80, and RB-211 series on 757/767 after being modeled on the 747.

Ok ignore the Beta badge for the moment, RSR keeps us in the dark about a minute less than the rest of you... All of this information is open source.

Givens:

-8i/-8F - It is already in the works and probably soon

737 NGXv3 - Probably the next major update

DC-6B for FSX/P3D - RSR has mentioned in posts that it is coming or maybe next

J41 - I too want this and I think other projects (747v3) for example took over dev time. It will come back once they can put out other more pressing updates.

x64 - Given, once P3D x64 hits or if DTFS ever hits the streets THIS YEAR????

Tweaks - It seems after every major release, lessons learned (VAS improvements, performance) are retro'd into the existing a/c. I same the same could happen

New version of OC - its coming sometime.

Possible:

737 MAX - Not for a while, they want real world a/c data so I would say 3-4 years! I wonder can NGXv2 (current version) survive a few years to wait for a MAX. Tabs has mentioned PMDG does not do fictional aircraft when pressed to do the 787.

787 - I've heard it mentioned that the 787 components really hit CPU/VAS performance, I would say coming very soon if 64-bit arrives soon. The -10 has yet to fly, also maybe they don't want to compete right now with QualityWings. I would not say it is next, however probably next after what ever is next.

757/767 - RSR gets pushed by the Beta Team on this one. Many years ago RSR said they had a no compete clause with Level-D. But I am fairly sure Level-D is DEAD (Try installing in on Win10)

Very Secret Project - PMDG/RSR has hinted something is in the works that will surprise us. EFB? Wood Pigeon? Addon for MS-Flight? (Ah no on that last one)

707/DC-3/something vintage - Sure, RSR loves old a/c. I would love to see a 707 or even better a 727! I think it will have props and not turbo jets on it but that is my guess

777 -200/-200ER/-300 - With 747v3 having so many variants, they have gained a lot of info for doing engine variants. I know there is a desire for this expansion, however not as loud as MD-11 lovers

Not Sure:

X-Plane ports - The DC-6B was the grand experiment and not sure how successful it was.

DTFS/Other Sims - I am sure they will do DTFS but it is right now wait and see what kind of ecommerce model DTG goes with. Not sure they will embrace other up and coming sims until there is sound economic sense to do so.

Fat Chance in Hell:

Anything Airbus - Just Ain't Happenin'

Working with FSLabs - One word...Lefteris (used to work for PMDG, anyone remember that???)

MD-11v2 or even update - To quote William Shatner on SNL "Grow UP, Get a JOB, Move out of your parents basement!!!" - NEVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN

Anyway those are my takes on What is Next...

• Upvote 2

747v3 update for minor bug fixtures followed by 777 update with lessons learned from 744 development?

Then surely it has to be the -200 and -200ER?

Thanks,

Alex Macdonald

No no no.  You guys have it all wrong :-)   I think the next PMDG project will be a brand new stand-alone flightsim platform, custom designed by PMDG from the ground up, which will include converted PMDG 777, 744, NGX, and DC6  as default aircraft.  Just imagine what that would be like?  It would be the sim to end all sims.  Heck maybe we could crowd fund it.  Surely most of us would pitch in a few hundred bucks for the above.  I know I would.  Fun to think about anyway...

Andrew Jones

Ok ignore the Beta badge for the moment, RSR keeps us in the dark about a minute less than the rest of you... All of this information is open source.Givens:

-8i/-8F - It is already in the works and probably soon

737 NGXv3 - Probably the next major update

DC-6B for FSX/P3D - RSR has mentioned in posts that it is coming or maybe next

J41 - I too want this and I think other projects (747v3) for example took over dev time. It will come back once they can put out other more pressing updates.

x64 - Given, once P3D x64 hits or if DTFS ever hits the streets THIS YEAR????

Tweaks - It seems after every major release, lessons learned (VAS improvements, performance) are retro'd into the existing a/c. I same the same could happen

New version of OC - its coming sometime.Possible:

737 MAX - Not for a while, they want real world a/c data so I would say 3-4 years! I wonder can NGXv2 (current version) survive a few years to wait for a MAX. Tabs has mentioned PMDG does not do fictional aircraft when pressed to do the 787.

787 - I've heard it mentioned that the 787 components really hit CPU/VAS performance, I would say coming very soon if 64-bit arrives soon. The -10 has yet to fly, also maybe they don't want to compete right now with QualityWings. I would not say it is next, however probably next after what ever is next.

757/767 - RSR gets pushed by the Beta Team on this one. Many years ago RSR said they had a no compete clause with Level-D. But I am fairly sure Level-D is DEAD (Try installing in on Win10)

Very Secret Project - PMDG/RSR has hinted something is in the works that will surprise us. EFB? Wood Pigeon? Addon for MS-Flight? (Ah no on that last one)

707/DC-3/something vintage - Sure, RSR loves old a/c. I would love to see a 707 or even better a 727! I think it will have props and not turbo jets on it but that is my guess

777 -200/-200ER/-300 - With 747v3 having so many variants, they have gained a lot of info for doing engine variants. I know there is a desire for this expansion, however not as loud as MD-11 loversNot Sure:

X-Plane ports - The DC-6B was the grand experiment and not sure how successful it was.

DTFS/Other Sims - I am sure they will do DTFS but it is right now wait and see what kind of ecommerce model DTG goes with. Not sure they will embrace other up and coming sims until there is sound economic sense to do so.Fat Chance in Hell:

Anything Airbus - Just Ain't Happenin'

Working with FSLabs - One word...Lefteris (used to work for PMDG, anyone remember that???)

MD-11v2 or even update - To quote William Shatner on SNL "Grow UP, Get a JOB, Move out of your parents basement!!!" - NEVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN

Anyway those are my takes on What is Next...

You got my attention when you said beta and get information a minute earlier! This post is great except for the MD-11 :( I hope to see a 757/767 and J41 and the rest of the triple models in P3D Soon though! You have us excellent information and have clarified a lot of stuff! Thanks so much mate!

Yup, the MD-11 from PMDG wasn't a big seller. Not really a surprise to be honest, since it wasn't a big seller in the real world either, and like most businesses, PMDG don't want to get bitten twice.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I think they'll do a NGX update next (but not MAX models). Hopefully a new expansion pack including the 700ER/BBJ and -900ER models.

Selfishly I'd like see detailed 747 classic simulation. I know it's unlikely that PMDG will do it. I'd also be happy with a 777 expansion pack with the earlier models. Saying that though I'm very happy with the 737NG/777 and now 744 combo by PMDG.

I hope they will make soon 747-8 and -8F versions. 
Or maybe 737 MAX. 

But I don't know why they don't make any of Airbus planes. 
We need good A330/A340 or A380. So far we have decent/good 757 (Qualitywings), 767 (Captain Sim) and there will be nice 787 from Qualitywings. I didn't fly that planes, but I'm planning to buy them because of that I saw in product description and overviews on You Tube. 

But there is no good A330/A340 or A380, especially A380. A330/A340 there is from Black Box, but it have a lot of bugs, but probably that will be fixed until v1.00. 

1 hour ago, VedSim said:

decent/good 757 (Qualitywings), 767 (Captain Sim)

Uh. No.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

What I THINK: Wright Flyer II

What I WANT: Wright Flyer III

Jk, I would purchase a 767-400 or ior NGX reboot with all the new goodies on board.

8 hours ago, Cptmorgan said:

Uh. No.

Why, what I saw it doesn't look bad. 
It's not PMDG level, but look good. 
Only payware that is very near PMDG is Aerosoft's A320 family, at least from my experience. 

7 hours ago, VedSim said:

Why, what I saw it doesn't look bad. 
It's not PMDG level, but look good. 
Only payware that is very near PMDG is Aerosoft's A320 family, at least from my experience. 

Exactly that. It does LOOK bad, and the sound is decent, but the systems modelling and FMC, VNAV functions are not very good and lacking. Systems are very basic. Sure buttons and switches work but they dont do a whole lot. You dont even have to get the packs off and pressure right in order to start.  May have been ok years ago, but it severely lacks by todays standard.

IMHO this is the aircraft to do as the market would love to see a 757/767 updating LvlD and the QW version. Its requested here and you here alot about it in the forums with VAs. Aircraft is still quite mainstream around and alot of fun to fly. 

The Flightfactor 767 is great. If only it could be ported over to P3D.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

YAY 767!!!

Ok ok, i'm back to normal now.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11