Sign in to follow this  
pracines

PMDG 744 QOTS II is totally worth the price

A big thank you to PMDG and the wonderful work they do for home based flight simulation. This new 744 package has been placed at the top of my favorite plane to fly list. With a short haul version in the package, there is truly something for everyone who flies modern jet airliners. This is not to say that the 737 and 777 are not going to be flown anymore, because they are excellent as well. 

Looking forward the future and new 64bit platforms that will unleash even greater features for PMDG to include in their already amazing aircraft simulations.

• Upvote 1

+1

Couldn't agree more, Paul

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I was not initially excited about this aircraft while it was in development.I already have the T7 so I don't need another long haul aircraft. After seeing the videos coming out I was excited.It's a PMDG aircraft and they already have a established reputation for the best aircraft out there.This is easily my favorite aircraft from them. It handles so nice. My landings have been all basically greasers because it is so easy to hand fly. This aircraft is going to make a lot of my fleet get dusty. The T7 will be the most affected.

Richie Walsh

Jup, 747 QOTSII is the best 747 simulation in the world.

Time to uninstall 747 V1 and iFly 747. These are needless.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Absouletly worth it!  And like the 737 and 777, the initial release mught have minor bugs, but I can't notice them.  It's a joy to fly this classic.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Absouletly worth it! And like the 737 and 777, the initial release mught have minor bugs, but I can't notice them. It's a joy to fly this classic.

Agree. It is as near a perfect release as is humanly possible.

David Porrett

PMDG is the best of the best!

Case closed.

Happy Flying.

BaldyB

Denis Bolduc

• Upvote 1

Agree. Easily worth the price I paid for the P3D version. Such a lovely aircraft. I've made five absolutely flawless flights in the Cargolux 400F and am impressed by the quality. 

• Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

+1- I have over 20 hours flight time already, not one issue whatsoever!!!!!! This jet is incredible! Great job as usual by PMDG!!!!!!!!!! :Party:

• Upvote 1

UPS123.png

Definitely agree.  Birthday present to myself and very happy so far :)  If only more other developers had release versions as reliable as this!

• Upvote 1

A big thank you to PMDG and the wonderful work they do for home based flight simulation. This new 744 package has been placed at the top of my favorite plane to fly list. With a short haul version in the package, there is truly something for everyone who flies modern jet airliners. This is not to say that the 737 and 777 are not going to be flown anymore, because they are excellent as well. 

Looking forward the future and new 64bit platforms that will unleash even greater features for PMDG to include in their already amazing aircraft simulations.

I agree completely.  I am so used to new releases being just short of complete or still badly WIP, that I forgot how great it is to have an aircraft released that you can climb in and it is super complex, super realistic, but bug-free.

The sounds are so amazing that, with the beautiful cockpit, it makes me feel like I'm a real 747 captain. My wife comes in to tell me something and is greeted with a sign that says "Sterile Cockpit, No Talking"..........NOT REALLY!

Every time I climb into the seat of this 747, I know I'm about to have a great flight experience.

Even if I use it for a short hop, I just love flying it.

This 747 has quickly become my very favorite aircraft (Like the first Queen was back in FS9 days).

• Upvote 1

Shame on PMDG for actually beta testing the QoTS2 before releasing it. What, you thought we actually wanted to fly the thing and not get bogged down on support forums and with support tickets??

• Upvote 1