Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Touring Poland XP11

X-Plane 11 pb9 has turned out to be a good stable release and I decided to take a tour around Poland in the default Cessna 172.

N.B. The scenery is a work-in-progress (and has been for some time until I find the time to finish it) and covers all of Poland with accurate buildings, supermarkets, forests and lots of landmarks such as castles, churches, and town/city centres. It can be used on its own or for best effect with orthos generated with Ortho4XP.  Some things are still missing such as certain bridges and some towns still left to do.

It has been optimised to give good frame rates and I'm consistently getting 50-60fps with a GTX 1070, so it's much lighter than a standard W2XP scenery

Gdańsk
Cessna_172_SP_1.jpg

Cessna_172_SP_2.jpg

Hel
Cessna_172_SP_3.jpg

Elbląg
Cessna_172_SP_4.jpg

Wrocław
Cessna_172_SP_5.jpg

Cessna_172_SP_6.jpg

Kraków
Cessna_172_SP_7.jpg

Nowy Targ
Cessna_172_SP_8.jpg

Cessna_172_SP_9.jpg

Szczecin
Cessna_172_SP_10.jpg

Cessna_172_SP_11.jpg

Łódź
Cessna_172_SP_12.jpg

Somewhere (I forget ;-))
Cessna_172_SP_13.jpg

Cessna_172_SP_14.jpg

Warszawa (Warsaw)
Cessna_172_SP_15.jpg

Cessna_172_SP_16.jpg

Płock
Cessna_172_SP_17.jpg

Cessna_172_SP_18.jpg

• Upvote 9

Tony no more words. I wonder how many hours your day is made by? 100?

It looks like the best Ortho+OSM scenery I've seen so far, even better than your UK masterpiece, I only dream the day you can dedicate some time to Italy.

I've already DD Warsaw, Poland 1 and Poland 2 to stick over your scenery. Cannot wait for the release. What lod is the photoreal?

P.S. If you can add a donate link in your profile that would be great.

Bloody brilliant , heli is waiting

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

That must have been a huge job.

Tony no more words. I wonder how many hours your day is made by? 100?

I've had this in my list for nearly a year and do little bits on it every now and then, so it's a lot of work, but one I've generally only worked on when I've had some free time.

I only dream the day you can dedicate some time to Italy.

I've already DD Warsaw, Poland 1 and Poland 2 to stick over your scenery. Cannot wait for the release.

As I make more I'm learning what works and what doesn't and there is much now in GB Pro that looks quite bad. I'd love to see Italy as well and with the availability of free high-quality and legal orthos (and the fact that I'm quarter Italian ;-)), it's one I'd love to see also.

I disabled DD Warsaw City when using this as DD used the old W2XP models to fill in the non-landmarks part and I'm not a fan of the generic W2XP textures. I've added in most of the landmarks anyway (So they're already in the scenery). It does work great with DD's 3 Poland airport packs,Krakow and Warsaw Chopin Airport though.

There are already some sceneries by Meier77 at the Org, which cover Poland. Will they work with your scenery or should i only use your scenery? Many thanks for your work!

Perfect since I never invested in Warsaw city scenery  :wink:

One thing that I'd like to see improved, not by you but by Ben, is the facade wrong roof geometry. At least for simple 4 face walls building a better sloped roof should be available, you even save the rendering of one face. Of course for complex facade the correct roof calculation is more demanding but for simple should be affordable.

There are already some sceneries by Meier77 at the Org, which cover Poland. Will they work with your scenery or should i only use your scenery? Many thanks for your work!

I think they are just a few city landmarks taken from Google 3D warehouse I believe. You could use them together, but by the looks of it mine has far more of them so it wouldn't make much sense unless I'd missed something out.

One thing that I'd like to see improved, not by you but by Ben, is the facade wrong roof geometry. At least for simple 4 face walls building a better sloped roof should be available.

Yep completely agree here. I've managed to get the facade city buildings looking much better by using v10 facades with 3D meshes as opposed to the older texture sheets, but for it to work properly, I needed to model lego bricks for various sizes which you can see in the scenery. The roof curvature is modelled into the object, so it generally works, but it isn't perfect. It's actually quite complicated to get it correct for non-simple geometry, so it's somewhat of a hack.

Nice Poland shots!

Will follow this one!!

Those Szczecin shots are awesome. It is "Słoneczne", neighbourhood where my aunt lives in one of those tall buildings!

They are painted in different colours. Purple, green, yellow, etc.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Truly amazing, so many details!!

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080