Sign in to follow this  
florismulock

PMDG 747 will come to x plane aswell?

Hi all,

i am really hoping that pmdg make the decision to make it for x plane aswell. cause right now the flight dynamics (5 procent of the actual airplane) is such a shame. all things are simulated but the flight dynamic isnit fully 100 procent of the real plane because of FSX .   X plane could make that more possible.

has anyone heard if pmdg will make this plane come to x plane aswell?

• Upvote 2

Floris de Jonge Mulock Houwer

Got this feeling we wont see anything for XP after DC6, otherwise they would have already announced it almost a year after the release of DC6. But let's hope, My idea is that major developers for FSX/PR3D have no interest opening a new market that will kill their existing main business.

Let's think to Orbx, but for PMDG could be the same, if people moved permanently to XP they will instantly loose the revenues of 50+ potential products while they gain a small amount for the slowly converted sceneries. Not sure a good marketing move. Could be that they are forced to boycot XP in the hope something compatible with the existing products will come from LM or DTG

• Upvote 2

Yes please!!  I'll order all PMDG aircraft for XP!!

If I could do that right now, I would drop the FSX-SE(P3D) world in a heartbeat!!

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

It'd certainly be a welcome sight. Yet I'm not sure X-Plane is big enough to carry such a large investment.

cu

Roman

I'm pretty sure I read their products would be ported over with the 747 then working back? If they had that in mind when making this new 747 they probably took steps along the way to insure that it would be more portable from the getgo vs trying to do a full port. Time will tell.

It'd certainly be a welcome sight. Yet I'm not sure X-Plane is big enough to carry such a large investment.

cu

Roman

It really depends on whether they started 747V3 with XP already in mind or not. In the former case it shouldn't be a huge investment. 

Florence,

It is highly unlikely that the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II will appear in X-Plane in the foreseeable future.

Also- given that you don't own the product and thus haven't flown it, I am going to disregard your commentary about it's handling qualities as "uninformed conjecture." 

As I speak as someone with extensive flying experience in a broad range of airplanes, including this one, and a broad range of developmental experience, including X-Plane- I would suggest one refrain from drinking the Kool-Aide as to one platform's capabilities over the other.

I can tell you from vast experience that such discussions are almost entirely marketing hog-wash- and all available sims are equally bad at as many things as they are good at.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is likewise ill informed.

• Upvote 20

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Florence,

It is highly unlikely that the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II will appear in X-Plane in the foreseeable future.

Also- given that you don't own the product and thus haven't flown it, I am going to disregard your commentary about it's handling qualities as "uninformed conjecture." 

As I speak as someone with extensive flying experience in a broad range of airplanes, including this one, and a broad range of developmental experience, including X-Plane- I would suggest one refrain from drinking the Kool-Aide as to one platform's capabilities over the other.

I can tell you from vast experience that such discussions are almost entirely marketing hog-wash- and all available sims are equally bad at as many things as they are good at.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is likewise ill informed.

Well stated....The products we have today on all simulator platforms are utterly amazing. I don't think many of the "younger" simmers were exposed to the earlier versions of flight simulator (1980's onwards). The more "mature" members of our community have memories to compare and to realise how far we have evolved. In many ways due to PMDG and their expertise.....

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

all things are simulated but the flight dynamic isnit fully 100 procent of the real plane.   X plane could make that more possible.

As you are probably not a  type rated pilot, you probably wouldn't know the difference between 70% and 100% - let alone 5%.   

• Upvote 2

Florence,

Robert, thanks for clearing up the air on this frankly. While certainly disappointing to me as an xplane user I appreciate you saying that so that we xplane users don't harbor any false hopes.

If I may ask, is there "any" roadmap on future XP development that you can share with us? If not, then no harm done and we appreciate all the good work you guys have done and wish you the best! And if yes, then we'll patiently wait for it! Just some clarity would help as many of us Xplane users have long harbored hopes of seeing either the NGX, 777 or 747 on XP11. I for one, am a customer of all 3 of those products on P3D but also use Xplane and would have loved to see either of those on the Xplane platform.

Regardless of whether you choose to answer the above question, I appreciate you being forthright and putting this conjecture to rest.

• Upvote 3

What a pity, although to be expected if I think rationally about the matter.

I had always hoped that the 747-400 would be converted over to X-Plane in the near future, particularly with it being the most recent add-on to be released and therefore potentially being developed with immediate convertibility in mind. "Highly unlikely" and "foreseeable future" almost need a sad face to follow at the end of the statement :(

That being said, I can also make the logical step that PMDG would have resource moving onto other projects as and when elements of the 747-400 were completed, and therefore the legacy products (737 and 777) may be first in line for conversion. My hope makes me smile at least.

I say all of this as an optimist and as someone who would love to have the full PMDG hanger in X-Plane to really see what could be done with the platform. The DC-6 already gives me tremendous enjoyment and I hope all the developers have got the bug to keep on working with X-Plane.

Perhaps there is an element of 'wait and see', what with with X-Plane 11 around the corner.

I know I would not be alone in hoping for some news on PMDG's X-Plane road-map and I'll enjoy the wait for the news just like I do for all PMDG updates. (How is it possible to get excited about the 747 release knowing full well I wouldn't be getting a copy straight away!?)

Having jumped from the original boxed FSX to X-Plane in late 2015, I have no regrets. I expect I will be running both X-Plane and P3D by the end of this year, but may wait to see if what happens with both platforms as it could be a big year for both in taking the genre to the next level. 

Regardless, I'll continue to support PMDG and get that childish excitement whenever I see a new pinned post at the top of the forum.

Got this feeling we wont see anything for XP after DC6, otherwise they would have already announced it almost a year after the release of DC6. But let's hope, My idea is that major developers for FSX/PR3D have no interest opening a new market that will kill their existing main business.

Let's think to Orbx, but for PMDG could be the same, if people moved permanently to XP they will instantly loose the revenues of 50+ potential products while they gain a small amount for the slowly converted sceneries. Not sure a good marketing move. Could be that they are forced to boycot XP in the hope something compatible with the existing products will come from LM or DTG

I'm sorry Riccardo, I don't follow how XP development will hurt PMDG sales. Sure it will probably see existing customers move over but how will this lower current customer base and "kill their existing main business"? If anything it will only expand their customer base.

Felipe Vicini

I believe the PMDG 747 would require a considerable amount of re-coding  to make it compatible for X-Plane.  Plus, I don't think it fits PMDG's business model right now to do so...  In other words, don't hold your breath.

• Upvote 2

Didn't really think it would get ported to X-plane but would really like it if it was. X-plane is sorely lacking aircraft of this quality. No way around that. 

• Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Hi all,

i am really hoping that pmdg make the decision to make it for x plane aswell. cause right now the flight dynamics (5 procent of the actual airplane) is such a shame. all things are simulated but the flight dynamic isnit fully 100 procent of the real plane because of FSX .   X plane could make that more possible.

has anyone heard if pmdg will make this plane come to x plane aswell?

I beg to differ my friend. This 5% is maximum possible error. Says within not deliberately 5% off. We are spot on performance/

And there is no desktop based simulator that would simulate 100% everything for such a complicated physical problem. Not unless you run on 64 processors, no graphics.

Relax...

• Upvote 1

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================