I am not sure what happened.  I upgraded my NVidia driver and FPS has dropped from 30 to 7..

I am also not sure if it is related to the driver upgrade.  I have heard of cases where all of a sudden for no apparent reason, the FPS take a huge hit and tanks!

Anyone have any ideas where to begin looking?

Thanks!

FSX Boxed or FSX-SE?

Some simmers have come to grief when they upgraded to win 10. Updates also cause some issues on some systems.

If everything was good with your last driver, go back to that driver.

Last thing is to reset your computer if you created a back up system.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If you did a clean install of the driver, it will reset all the settings you previously had. One of them is the power management mode. The preferred mode is "prefer maximum performance", however, the default setting is "adaptive". You should check if it accidentally got set to adaptive.

I'd reinstall the old drivers. If the problem goes away that's the answer. I wouldn't spend a lot of time looking for solutions until you are sure it's not the newer drivers. Newer isn't always better.....

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Make sure that you COMPLETELY uninstall your existing driver before installing another (old or new). Although the driver should do this if you select a clean install, if you suspect the driver is causing a problem I would use Display Driver Uninstaller (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html) to make sure everything has gone.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Good habit is to always create a Windows restore point before installing updates. Makes rollback simple.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK