Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

On The Fence... STILL

is there ANY solution for ATC?

The same solution people have been using for decades now...real controllers. Though you said this isn't an option.

There are plugins for using Radar Contact or Pro Flight Emulator with X-Plane, payware though. Just google RC4TOXPLANE and PFETOXPLANE.

I don't know if they already work with X-Plane 11, but you can ask the developer if nobody here uses them.

There are plugins for using Radar Contact or Pro Flight Emulator with X-Plane, payware though. Just google RC4TOXPLANE and PFETOXPLANE.

I don't know if they already work with X-Plane 11, but you can ask the developer if nobody here uses them.

mgeiss

I have PF3 working with X-Plane 11 and it works. I also have MCE that using the same plugin. 

I have only tested MCE with PF3 and does work.

Bob

The same solution people have been using for decades now...real controllers. Though you said this isn't an option.

Not without a fully functional study level aircraft at my disposal.   The Default 737, even modified, is too quirky for me to try online flying.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

http://www.avsim.com/topic/480633-124th-atc-v2/page-2

124th ATC does a decent job. I can't get P2ATC to work with XP11 but I assume others have been successful.

There is a P2A forum here on AVSIM, you might want to ask about your troubles there.  Author is very responsive.  I use it with XP11, no problems between the two.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Not without a fully functional study level aircraft at my disposal.   The Default 737, even modified, is too quirky for me to try online flying.

Have you tried the x737? It's not 100% study level as an PMDG, but it's freeware and should be more functional and usable than the default B737:

http://www.eadt.eu/index.php?new-x737-version-5

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Please....  help me... .the ATC is just.. retarded....   Yeah.. let's circle around KOKC after takeoff because my SID starting point is not good enough for you....  is there ANY solution for ATC?   Richard, did you try out Pilot2ATC yet?   This ATC with an IQ of 40 is kill'n me bro!

I have it not used atc portion but reading in .org forums works flawlessly - sorry cant tell you much more - great program - just wish it saved out a Jardesign file so I could just import the plan - I'm lazy lol

Awesome moving map also if thats your thing - 2 monitors preferred of course 

Rich Sennett

Have you tried the x737? It's not 100% study level as an PMDG, but it's freeware and should be more functional and usable than the default B737:

And should it be study level -> IXEG 737. But then again, one can always can find a reason like: "But it's not an NG, only this one fits my needs".

Then again, I'm saying: "I only eat Schnitzel, nothing else. Pasta, pizza, lobster, salmon, ... nah !!!" :wink: In FS9 I had the flight 1 ATR (a beautiful aircraft) - due to the lack of such in X-Plane, I discovered other beautiful planes, e.g. the MU-2. Even though it wasn't modeled such in depth like the ATR, I like it more due to its atmosphere. An open mind can do wonderful things :Devil: .

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

The IXEG is really immersive. Everyone told me to buy it, but I held off purchasing it for a while as I wanted something more "modern". Once I started flying it, I realized that it was something special. Only issue I have is that I can not hear the altitude call-outs when landing in XP11. But it is a known fix and will be part of the next update once XP11 goes final from beta.

I have it in my hanger and its pretty good but the fact that it is missing the entire IRS panel and all that goes with it kind of turned me off.   I mean the default 737 modeled it and it functions.    Its a good piece of Freeware still but I tend to fly the Modified 737 more.

IN other news... I just noticed... there are no stars or Moon cycles in X-Plane 11.  @_@   Please tell me the bloody stars are going to get loaded in along with the moon with RTM?   

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

IN other news... I just noticed... there are no stars or Moon cycles in X-Plane 11.  @_@   Please tell me the bloody stars are going to get loaded in along with the moon with RTM?   

It's a known bug, only happens when your graphics are set to High(HDR) or better. Moon and stars come back if you set it lower with HDR off. It will be fixed before XP11 goes final, I'm sure.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

It's a known bug, only happens when your graphics are set to High(HDR) or better. Moon and stars come back if you set it lower with HDR off. It will be fixed before XP11 goes final, I'm sure.

Thanks for the heads up.  I LOOOOVE starry nights...  and kind of need them to help with visual separationof ground and sky.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Well I picked up the IEXG 737 and it is a beauty... minus the Cold and Dark SUPER bug and the fact that all the door opening and closing buttons are INOP.

This stupid X-Plane 11/IEXG bug where your plane spawns in then slowly slides across the ground even with the parking break on ... REALLY?   Guys.. that should have been a HOT FIX long ago.   I am sitting here watching my plane slide through the buildings at about 2 mph at KDAl....  -_-    That's a rather HUGE bug.     Anyway around this other than starting in Turn Around mode?

100454.png

Brian Navy

@Kuragiman I'm glad you're still with us and not slowly falling off the fence. The IXEG hasn't been updated to XP11 yet so it's likely to still have problems and they are working on it, but it's difficult to target a beta release when it's constantly in a state of flux. Anyway, as part of your purchase for XP11 you also received XP10 and the IXEG runs very nicely in that sim.