Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

On The Fence... STILL

1. When you get type rating for NG it also apply for 300 series. So it's not much 80th unlike 200 series and below. Some airlines is up to date still fly 300 series (Luftgansa is one on the top of my head)

2. Not much to simulate. Use your keyboard shortcuts and be proud of single pilot operation.

3. FF has pax announcements, unload/load. Pax also clup hands if you do nice lanidng. 

4. In my opinion there is no ACT program on the market that resembles real one. It doesn't exist  in P3D or in X-plane. Solution is to fly online 

5. No . And how would it be important ? How is important for example scheduled bus operation on the street of major cities ? Perhaps nice to have feature along with seasonal bird migration and other stuff.

To me X-plane is about stick and rudder, real weather, and realistic OOM free rendering environment. There are many free plugings and yet more to come to enhance XP environment.

Here two solutions I recommend:

1) Get yourself immerse in XP (as I did just two month ago). And slowly work with all thing you need and look forward to more thing to come.

2) Come back with OOM world of P3D and wait for 64 bit version. 

1.  Yes.  I could easily fly that IEXG 300.  I have 1500 hours in the 737NGX.    But I want the PFD/MFDs, engines, overhead HUD system and more modernized cockpit that the 300 does not have.   We all have our favorite plane, no?

2.  I'd rather operate the aircraft like it would be irl.. with another pilot in the FO chair.   FS2Crew does this brilliantly and it would be nice to have a similar product.

3.  It also tracks my career, grades my performance, simulates icing and failures, ground delay operations, bird strikes and other threats a pilot would find themselves facing every day.

4.  Pro/ATC-X does an amazing job of AI driven ATC imo.    The solution is not to fly online only.  It's to get devs the proper SDK they need to make a good ATC add-on.  Not all of us like to be talked down to by a 15 year old with a cheap Radio Shack mic.   (Pilot's Edge is epic though).

5.  How could airport traffic be important to airline operations?   Ummm.. I don't know...   it forces proper airport operations such as.. waiting in turn?  Taxi in sequence?  Hold short and runway crossing procedures now have to be followed... you know.. .real world stuff.   That's what I like.   Maybe others like barreling 50 knots down a taxiway and zooming across runway intersections without the need to stop and look both ways before crossing the street?    :wink:

I am still poking around in X-Plane and my opinion is swaying in favor of as I play with it.    As for OOM world of P3D...  I don't suffer from those anymore though a 64 bit version would be nice so we can turn up all the eye candy and not explode on final.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes.  I could easily fly that IEXG 300.  I have 1500 hours in the 737NGX.    But I want the PFD/MFDs, engines, overhead HUD system and more modernized cockpit that the 300 does not have.   We all have our favorite plane, no?

I'm sure I read somewhere that PMDG will at some point port their 737NGX to X-Plane. When that will be is anyone's guess, and we know how long PMDG take with their releases.

You start thinking..."cmon but these lights...how the hell I can cope with these bulbs now after XP HDR?" or "is just my impression but FSX internal engine must work at 800*600 while XP looks like 4K?" or "I thought this ORbx landclass was gorgeus but after flying over a L17 photoreal with autogen I think it's so gameish"

What gets me everytime I go back and try P3D or FSX is how hard it is to get it working well. I tried the new release of P3D last weekend, and had to install camera addons, ORBX packs, a GNS unit, ORBX Global, etc. My X52 joystick or TrackIR didn't work or was configured out of the box. For user experience and ease-of-use, X-Plane is the absolute winner here. 

• Upvote 4

1.  Yes.  I could easily fly that IEXG 300.  I have 1500 hours in the 737NGX.    But I want the PFD/MFDs, engines, overhead HUD system and more modernized cockpit that the 300 does not have.   We all have our favorite plane, no?

2.  I'd rather operate the aircraft like it would be irl.. with another pilot in the FO chair.   FS2Crew does this brilliantly and it would be nice to have a similar product.

3.  It also tracks my career, grades my performance, simulates icing and failures, ground delay operations, bird strikes and other threats a pilot would find themselves facing every day.

4.  Pro/ATC-X does an amazing job of AI driven ATC imo.    The solution is not to fly online only.  It's to get devs the proper SDK they need to make a good ATC add-on.  Not all of us like to be talked down to by a 15 year old with a cheap Radio Shack mic.   (Pilot's Edge is epic though).

5.  How could airport traffic be important to airline operations?   Ummm.. I don't know...   it forces proper airport operations such as.. waiting in turn?  Taxi in sequence?  Hold short and runway crossing procedures now have to be followed... you know.. .real world stuff.   That's what I like.   Maybe others like barreling 50 knots down a taxiway and zooming across runway intersections without the need to stop and look both ways before crossing the street?    :wink:

I am still poking around in X-Plane and my opinion is swaying in favor of as I play with it.    As for OOM world of P3D...  I don't suffer from those anymore though a 64 bit version would be nice so we can turn up all the eye candy and not explode on final.

People were flying level D and PMDG long before Fs2Crew came along ;)

I also used to own Pro/ATC-X,. BUt  after ending  up finishing couple of my flights CFIT (during IMC  condition under watchful eye of ProATC) I gave up.

Like I said there are a lot of plugins out there. I use only few of them, but I saw one with follow me car that may satisfy you sequencing need ( which I hate so much in real life)

I'm also fly Virtual United Airlines which ACARS system works ok with XP11 (all betas). Real life gates, flight planning, weather minus ATC. I used plug to hear actual ATC around the world for the sake of environment. 

You should give a shot with IXEG. There are not much difference between NG other than few extra MFD (that I'm pretty sure you cal live with). But special effect of cockpit shaking during taxi is so amazing that my friend (who is actual AA 737 captain) said "this is exactly how in real airplane, amazing"

@ Tonywob

That's why I cannot really support two sims anymore, I prefer to work on scenery design if I have to choose...and I guess I'm not alone  :wink:

I'll always love FSX/P3D, I love XP10, and 11 now that I have delved into them, and I I am engaged in and totally entralled with, and quite smitten with AFFS 2, they all have quirks, and endearing points.

But, I am quite sure that Occulus Rift will make me glad I never invested even more thousands (I have so much in P3D, starting from FSX, that I could have about 5 high end AR 15 with all the bells and whistles, but get more use from the FS's.

I love them all.

Maybe those coming from FS that want ATC etc that have RC4 already, you can use it with xp along with multicrew experience for your co-pilot.

• Upvote 1

I totally understand what you're saying but I really think you should give the IXEG a chance. It's the most immersive add-on I have seen and it's a joy to hand fly. I would wait until v1.1 for the FMC fixes. Don't dismiss it just because it's "old"

Felipe Vicini

• Upvote 1

I'm sure I read somewhere that PMDG will at some point port their 737NGX to X-Plane. When that will be is anyone's guess, and we know how long PMDG take with their releases.

What gets me everytime I go back and try P3D or FSX is how hard it is to get it working well. I tried the new release of P3D last weekend, and had to install camera addons, ORBX packs, a GNS unit, ORBX Global, etc. My X52 joystick or TrackIR didn't work or was configured out of the box. For user experience and ease-of-use, X-Plane is the absolute winner here. 

Yeah, I have to admit, P3D does require a lot of band-aides to get it looking epic.  I have unfortunately (fortunately?) bought the entire First Aide kit for P3D.  lol.    So it looks great, sounds great, flies great.     When I did my landing at Portland today in X-Plane it had a special something to it lacking in P3D, even with the 737NGX.   It felt so fluid and felt like a real plane as I was coming down to the threshold.    I could have done without X-Plane PAUSING the sim on touch down to throw a pop up in my face that I should be killed for daring to not follow ATC instructions... where were a joke in the first place.    Can you turn that off?  I don't need X-Plane hitting me with game stopping Pop Ups every time I do the slightest thing wrong in its eyes.

I totally understand what you're saying but I really think you should give the IXEG a chance. It's the most immersive add-on I have seen and it's a joy to hand fly. I would wait until v1.1 for the FMC fixes. Don't dismiss it just because it's "old"

Felipe Vicini

It really does look impressive.  I watched videos but those gaping holes in the front panel because the gear 'doesn't exist yet' were for some reason irritating my brain.  lol.   Hard to explain.   As I said, I am spoiled on the newer flight tech.

It really does look impressive. I watched videos but those gaping holes in the front panel because the gear 'doesn't exist yet' were for some reason irritating my brain. lol. Hard to explain. As I said, I am spoiled on the newer flight tech.

You mean these areas where you can see the cables?

You mean these areas where you can see the cables?

No.  That's actually great modeling.    The empty spaces where the newer MFD/PFDs go.

I am doing my 3rd test flight right now from KMCO to KDAL.   Getting 53 FPS externally and 42 internally at FL360 going up the coast line.   I can't wait to get a new 7700k and GTX 1080.     I have an older 3930k and GTX 980 and it gets the job done but I want a better job.

No.  That's actually great modeling.    The empty spaces where the newer MFD/PFDs go.

I am doing my 3rd test flight right now from KMCO to KDAL.   Getting 53 FPS externally and 42 internally at FL360 going up the coast line.   I can't wait to get a new 7700k and GTX 1080.     I have an older 3930k and GTX 980 and it gets the job done but I want a better job.

Ah gotcha.

I can't believe Pushbacks aren't default modeled in the X-Plane engine

Have you tried this little fella. Works great for me but might not be what you are after.

http://airbus320neo.com/tugmaster/

Edit: link works but website doesn't but it's at the org store $9.95.

cheers

Peter

Have you tried this little fella. Works great for me but might not be what you are after.

Just an fyi - great program - no brainer - works for free on the Jar A330 but not on Their A320 - that said works on all aircraft with paid version

http://airbus320neo.com/tugmaster/

Edit: link works but website doesn't but it's at the org store $9.95.

cheers

Peter

Thanks!  That is what I was looking for.    I installed the Ground Services plug-in as a temporary solution.    My roommate and I were watching when I called it up and fell out of our chairs laughing as the push tug came barreling through planes, luggage carts, people and smashed into the terminal to line up with my plane.    I needed that laugh.    Hopefully Tugmaster is a little less sloppy looking.   In the end the free plug-in gets the job done.

What's kill'n me right now is the 20 file limit per day on X-Plane.org... KILL'N ME SMALLS!    I think I have all the libraries now.    I am almost sold now that I've done 4 flights.     I would like an accurate FMC simulation on the 737.   I think there is one for the x737 and I am sure the payware IEXG has a fully realized FMC.     I have to admit.. these freeware airports looking absolutely stunning in most cases.   Even has me inspired to bring my airport design talents over into the world editor.   There a few Texas airports missing from X-Plane.org when I was hunting down all my Southwest destinations.  There's no San Antonio and no Amarillo.    Future design tasks perhaps.

I think there is one for the x737 and I am sure the payware IEXG has a fully realized FMC. I have to admit.. these freeware airports looking absolutely stunning in most cases. Even has me inspired to bring my airport design talents over into the world editor. There a few Texas airports missing from X-Plane.org when I was hunting down all my Southwest destinations. There's no San Antonio and no Amarillo. Future design tasks perhaps.

Glad you're enjoying it Brian. FYI the IXEG is very good but the FMC is still incomplete so I would wait until v1.1 is released before purchasing as it will fix some FMC bugs and add some other things like eyebrow windows. Have you taken a look ay MisterX6's airports? Absolutely amazing work and better than most payware. His KBOS is particularly good. If you want the most complete package I would suggest the FF 757 but maybe that's too old for you :wink:

Glad you're enjoying it Brian. FYI the IXEG is very good but the FMC is still incomplete so I would wait until v1.1 is released before purchasing as it will fix some FMC bugs and add some other things like eyebrow windows. Have you taken a look ay MisterX6's airports? Absolutely amazing work and better than most payware. His KBOS is particularly good. If you want the most complete package I would suggest the FF 757 but maybe that's too old for you :wink:

Yeah I snagged  up all of MisterX's stuff.  Brilliant work.

Yeah I snagged  up all of MisterX's stuff.  Brilliant work.

KBOS at night is breath taking and I was hooked - nothing comes close 

Default KSEA and 747:

YiehXxi.jpg

NEHJgby.jpg

Ndc06Hg.jpg

Booootiful.    I think at this point... if I had the PMDG 737NGX I'd never look back.    There are some glaring bugs that need ironing out but that will come before RTM.    IT BETTER!  No one answered my original question above.  Maybe it got lost.   Does xEnviro fix the sky banding or is a engine rendering issue?

• Upvote 1

Does xEnviro fix the sky banding or is a engine rendering issue?

I am not seeing the extreme banding as with the default sky's and weather. There is still some banding visible here and there, depending on the lighting and time of day, but the weather and sky colors are so good in xE its easy to overlook.

• Upvote 1

Booootiful.    I think at this point... if I had the PMDG 737NGX I'd never look back.    There are some glaring bugs that need ironing out but that will come before RTM.    IT BETTER!  No one answered my original question above.  Maybe it got lost.   Does xEnviro fix the sky banding or is a engine rendering issue?

Xenviro does not fix banding - platform needs to be fixed but look here havent tried it yet might help out until Laminar fixes the issue

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/114681-xp-11-better-sky-released/

Thanks Rich.  Glad you already went through all of the HUNTING for me.   :P

Anytime Brian  :wink: