Sign in to follow this  
Coolieboy

PMDG_Interface.dll Caused MCP and Overhead Panel Issue (Solved)

This is for anyone that needed support in solving a similar problem. In case you're still scratching your head and aren't a tech guy (me included), I found the solution...

http://imageshack.co...7154/6okTGi.png Autopilot working but MCP isn't showing it

FIXED. It turns out activating the PMDG_Interface.dll file was what caused the issue. Not sure why a PMDG file would cause an issue but not activating it upon startup solved the issue above.

http://imageshack.co...8778/Qr41oS.png Now it's normal.

Leon Jackson

FIXED. It turns out activating the PMDG_Interface.dll file was what caused the issue. Not sure why a PMDG file would cause an issue but not activating it upon startup solved the issue above.

http://imageshack.co...8778/Qr41oS.png Now it's normal.

I'm not sure if I'm misreading your post, but it wasn't our file causing the issue. When you first install the aircraft, the sim asks if you would like to 'trust' the dll that we install. If you simply clicked without reading, or (more commonly) hit the enter button while doing something else (selecting "no" by accident), then the sim will not allow the dll to run. That dll, of course, is required for our aircraft to work. If it can't be used by the sim, then you will naturally see issues.

Hope that explains it a bit more.

Kyle Rodgers

hey kyle but it seems he said that disabling that made the issue go away. BTW am having the same issue as him and have a open ticket. 

I'm not sure if I'm misreading your post, but it wasn't our file causing the issue. When you first install the aircraft, the sim asks if you would like to 'trust' the dll that we install. If you simply clicked without reading, or (more commonly) hit the enter button while doing something else (selecting "no" by accident), then the sim will not allow the dll to run. That dll, of course, is required for our aircraft to work. If it can't be used by the sim, then you will naturally see issues.

Hope that explains it a bit more.

Hey Kyle. When I 1st installed the 744, I clicked "Run" on all of the prompts that was required for the plane to work. I singled out the PMDG_Interface dll as the cause. Not sure why as other simmers do not have this problem but perhaps it's my rig that makes it incompatable. The plane is working fine without it.

Leon Jackson