Sign in to follow this  
JLP731

No Air Force One livery included this time?

Quite disappointed to find there was no in-house AF1 livery included by the PMDG team this time around.

Yes, I'm not an idiot, yes I'm aware it's a -200 airframe, but last time you included one.

How long before the repainters get around to it?? Surely it's a fan-favourite, no??

Hi, 

PMDG Team said that it will be done but with the expansion (747-8i) because the new AF1 will be in this model, due to the discontinuation of the 747-200 in the near future.

Cheers, unnamed person  :wink:

Iván Guerrero

On the other side the painted the Iron Maiden one so that pleases a lot of people too.

• Upvote 1

UP THE IRONS!! Ed Force One is a far better looking - apologies to the President - and it just more... well.. more rock n roll! :cool:

• Upvote 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I don't see the Iron Maiden paint job anywhere in the Livery Downloader lists for P3D - am I going blind?

Mark Trainer

Uggg....it's the very first one in the 747-400 list!  Eyeballs getting old (or maybe time to get a 4K monitor....).   Please disregard my previous post.

Mark Trainer

In any case, I am sure that someone will make a AF1 livery for the -400 or for the -400F and post it to Avsim sooner or later.

Andrew Jones

Only problem is the current block of aircraft in version 3 do not correctly convey the right airframe. It would need to be a cargo version without the side door, since it's hinge area is visible and without the winglets. PMDG could probably make a version like this, or put the options to eliminate the winglets and such as FMC options. That way, you could make it as close as possible, even though the actual AF1 is a 747-200. It also has the hump on the nose r air refueling, but that's a minor detail to me.