Sign in to follow this  
sjed

Pilot Response

I keep getting two messages from the FMC that I have no clue how to resolve or what it is telling me.  #1 is "Pilot Response" and the other is " No Land 3". I've gone through the manual but can't find reference to these messages. How do I  resolve the messages.

SJED

HI Ed,

Well "Pilot Response" means exactly what it says.  It wants you to do something so it knows your awake.  This is an option in the PMDG menu and can be disabled if it becomes to annoying. 

No Land 3 is a bit more problematic as it means something in the autoland system is degraded.  If I were to guess I would say you forgot to engage the APU or External Power and had a power interruption that causes the C IRU to go offline. Just a guess based on what others were reporting

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Thank you. I didn't see the option in the menu but I will search for it. As far as the No Land 3.  The sim starts with a Cessna and then I change aircraft to the 747-400F which is in the 747 default state. When it comes up the No Land 3 is annunciated.  How would I resolve it?

SJED

Ed, have you flown the Tutorial?

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes I have but didn't see anything there that would apply to this situation.

SJED

The sim starts with a Cessna and then I change aircraft to the 747-400F which is in the 747 default state. When it comes up the No Land 3 is annunciated. How would I resolve it?

I misread or misunderstood your problem description.  What I now think you are saying is that when you load the 744 in the default state, engines running and fully loaded on the ground, NO LAND 3 appears on the PFD.  This sounds like a corrupted panel state.  Did the aircraft initialize, do a countdown from about 17 to 0?

FCOM 4.30.1 explains the message, a few more notes on 4.10.15.  For LAND 3, FCOM 4.20.4 says you need three autopilots engaged.  So I'm not sure how your are starting the session and immediately getting that message; therefore I wonder about corrupted panel state.

Dan Downs KCRP

I will check further with the FCOM. I just flew another flight without problems so it might be a learning curve. Thanks

SJED

2 hours ago, sganoflegend said:

Can somebody tell me the directory to disable "Pilot response" message in FMC.

its  in the introduction manual well worth reading or doing a simple search will take you to the page

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 4/9/2019 at 8:07 AM, sganoflegend said:

Can somebody tell me the directory to disable "Pilot response" message in FMC.

All the 'Pilot Response' message means is that the pilot alert system hasn't detected any input from the pilots for a long time and it wants you to to do something, such as press the cancel/recall button or move an autopilot control. It is probably feeling loney and needs to know you are still there and awake! 

As for the 'NO LAND 3' EICAS caution message, this means that the autoland system is downgraded for the flight, so unless the message can be cleared or the problem fixed, you would not be able to carry out a triple autoland using the lowest LAND 3 autoland minima for the arrival runway.  However, LAND 2 autoland capability will still be available. 

Edited by berts