Sign in to follow this  
EuroTruckGuy

No AI Traffic at FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol

Hi,

So I have recently installed FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol and it is AMAZING. There is so much going on around the airport; busses, airtram, ground service trucks, and so much more. The level of detail is off the charts, and I have only lost about 5 fps! My only issue is that there is hardly any ai traffic. With my airline traffic slider set to 50%, only 2 airplanes spawned IN THE ENTIRE AIRPORT!!! I tried waiting at the gate for more to spawn, but they never came. I am not using any traffic addons. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

David

UPDATE: This not only happens at the FlyTampa airport, it happens at default airports too (I loaded into EGLL and there was only 1 plane)

Hi,

So I have recently installed FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol and it is AMAZING. There is so much going on around the airport; busses, airtram, ground service trucks, and so much more. The level of detail is off the charts, and I have only lost about 5 fps! My only issue is that there is hardly any ai traffic. With my airline traffic slider set to 50%, only 2 airplanes spawned IN THE ENTIRE AIRPORT!!! I tried waiting at the gate for more to spawn, but they never came. I am not using any traffic addons. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

David

UPDATE: If I switch to a default airport, the correct amount of aircraft appear, so this issue is only with addon airports.

My only issue is that there is hardly any ai traffic. With my airline traffic slider set to 50%, only 2 airplanes spawned IN THE ENTIRE AIRPORT!!!

Are you using default traffic or MyTraffic or some other freeware AI traffic program.  If you had MyTraffic, did you go into MyTraffic/Scenery and disable Schiphol?  You need to have an AI program that spawns flightplans for your AI.  MyTraffic does that.  If there are no flight plans going into/out of Schiphol, then no traffic or not much traffic.  So, if you have an payware or freeware AI program, that's what I would suspect as the cause of your problems.  If you would think about a small airport in say, Nebraska, you would not see any 737's, 777's, 747's flying in and out of the airport.  They need flightplans to take off and land (unless they are static).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Are you using default traffic or MyTraffic or some other freeware AI traffic program.  If you had MyTraffic, did you go into MyTraffic/Scenery and disable Schiphol?  You need to have an AI program that spawns flightplans for your AI.  MyTraffic does that.  If there are no flight plans going into/out of Schiphol, then no traffic or not much traffic.  So, if you have an payware or freeware AI program, that's what I would suspect as the cause of your problems.  If you would think about a small airport in say, Nebraska, you would not see any 737's, 777's, 747's flying in and out of the airport.  They need flightplans to take off and land (unless they are static).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I do not have any traffic addons installed, I use the fsx default ai. After I posted this thread, I did some testing in the game, and I noticed that there were TONS of ai planes all around the airport, just none of them were at gates, they were all at hangars, or at aprons that didn't have jetways. So basically, everything works as it should, its just that the ai aren't spawning at any gates for some reason.

Perhaps FlyTampa set up the gates for certain airlines (as in the real world).  If you have the default, there will be no American Airlines or United, etc.  If it were default scenery, the gates should have default aircraft at the gates.  So, if I'm right, you'll need to get a commercial or freeware AI program and disable the default aircraft.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Perhaps FlyTampa set up the gates for certain airlines (as in the real world).  If you have the default, there will be no American Airlines or United, etc.  If it were default scenery, the gates should have default aircraft at the gates.  So, if I'm right, you'll need to get a commercial or freeware AI program and disable the default aircraft.

Best regards,

Jim

Thank you! I was downloading WOAI to see if it solved my problem... I'm installing the packages as I write this! It will most likely work.

Thanks again,

David

FSX default AI traffic or are you using a traffic add-on program?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

FSX default AI traffic or are you using a traffic add-on program?

I am not using any traffic addons

Hi, I don't have FlyTampa EHAM (yet) so I cannot check, but I noticed that sometimes in the AFCAD they use Military Parking spots. I guess they do this to prevent the AI load to become too high which will kill performance. I can imagine it is quite a load already.

If your AI is defined as normal AI than they may not show up.

So check the AFCAD and see what the gates are defined like. 

If you dont know about AFCADs etc, just wait for someone to post a new version.

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Hi, I don't have FlyTampa EHAM (yet) so I cannot check, but I noticed that sometimes in the AFCAD they use Military Parking spots. I guess they do this to prevent the AI load to become too high which will kill performance. I can imagine it is quite a load already.

If your AI is defined as normal AI than they may not show up.

So check the AFCAD and see what the gates are defined like. 

If you dont know about AFCADs etc, just wait for someone to post a new version.

Menno

I read something about the afcads, but my problem has been solved by installing a new ai program. Worlf of ai solved the problem!

Hi, I don't have FlyTampa EHAM (yet) so I cannot check, but I noticed that sometimes in the AFCAD they use Military Parking spots. I guess they do this to prevent the AI load to become too high which will kill performance.

Menno,

The reason FlyTampa and some other developers tag the parking spots as Military is to prevent the default ground service vehicles from appearing at those parking spots which might conflict with custom vehicles they placed or GSX vehicles that will spawn there if you use GSX, no other reason.

It won't effect your AI from parking there provided the gate is big enough and has the right parking code for the airline.

Just thought you'd like to know the real reason for the military tag.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Since you are using the default AI traffic, I too am thinking that it is an issue with the type of parking spots being used in the AFCAD.  Odds are, if you had an add-on AI traffic program, you would see more traffic.  By using military parking or even assigning parking to specific airlines, the default AI cannot find a suitable parking spot, so they don't show up.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Turn off "Aircraft casts shadows on the ground." 

I can remember my AI traffic not showing unless I turned this off.

Turn off "Aircraft casts shadows on the ground." 

I can remember my AI traffic not showing unless I turned this off.

Thanks, but I already turned this option off once I installed Ftx global, because they recommended that I do so. The problem was fixed by installing a 3rd party ai add-on (woai)

Since you are using the default AI traffic, I too am thinking that it is an issue with the type of parking spots being used in the AFCAD.  Odds are, if you had an add-on AI traffic program, you would see more traffic.  By using military parking or even assigning parking to specific airlines, the default AI cannot find a suitable parking spot, so they don't show up.

To solve the issue, simply install W.O.A.I , it's a free traffic add-on, and it uses real flight plans so it works with flytampa Schiphol!