Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

>FUEL TANK/ENG

On 24/04/2018 at 7:44 AM, Qavion2 said:

We once had a 744 arrive at the gate with around 4.6 tonnes (total). With a 1000kg imbalance, it might have been a little more serious than tea and biscuits with the Chief Pilot.

At least he was above the minimum 900Kgs per main tank before it became a genuine low fuel conditon.

On 24/04/2018 at 7:44 AM, Qavion2 said:

On one forum, we're contemplating what would happen to the logic if the wing refuelling control panel door were left fully open)

Logically speaking, another case of tea and biscuits with the Chief Pilot; but this time for the refueller!

Bertie

Is it possible that the tank/ engine system is a bit different in a 747-8? I´m getting the FUEL/TANK ENGINE message in a -8 when main tank 1 and 4 contains about 16,000 Kg and main 2 and 3 contains about 20.000kg. So the quantity of tank 1 is equal to 4 and 2 is equal to 3. I thought that all 4 main tanks should contain nearly the same amount of fuel after the "FUEL/TANK ENG" message. 

34 minutes ago, maukro_1990 said:

Is it possible that the tank/ engine system is a bit different in a 747-8? I´m getting the FUEL/TANK ENGINE message in a -8 when main tank 1 and 4 contains about 16,000 Kg and main 2 and 3 contains about 20.000kg. So the quantity of tank 1 is equal to 4 and 2 is equal to 3. I thought that all 4 main tanks should contain nearly the same amount of fuel after the "FUEL/TANK ENG" message. 

They are different. Look ad the fuel system display. 

4 hours ago, maukro_1990 said:

Yeah. This is discussed in the Intro a bit, but pay attention to the positioning (and numbering) of the RES tanks on the FUEL display.

So, for TANK/ENG:

(MAIN1 + RES1) >= MAIN 2 // (MAIN4 + RES4) >= MAIN 3

Shown here at 35:55 (moron who made it didn't adjust the audio, though, so it's a bit hard to hear):

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

5 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yeah. This is discussed in the Intro a bit, but pay attention to the positioning (and numbering) of the RES tanks on the FUEL display.

So, for TANK/ENG:

(MAIN1 + RES1) >= MAIN 2 // (MAIN4 + RES4) >= MAIN 3

Shown here at 35:55 (moron who made it didn't adjust the audio, though, so it's a bit hard to hear):

Thanks Kyle...this point should be included into the -8 Introdution/ FCOM i guess!  

Edited by maukro_1990

47 minutes ago, maukro_1990 said:

Thanks Kyle...this point should be included into the -8 Introdution/ FCOM i guess! 

Welcome!

Very last page - 205 - in the 748 supplement of the Intro.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers