Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

>FUEL TANK/ENG

Recommended Posts

On 24/04/2018 at 7:44 AM, Qavion2 said:

We once had a 744 arrive at the gate with around 4.6 tonnes (total). With a 1000kg imbalance, it might have been a little more serious than tea and biscuits with the Chief Pilot.

At least he was above the minimum 900Kgs per main tank before it became a genuine low fuel conditon.

On 24/04/2018 at 7:44 AM, Qavion2 said:

On one forum, we're contemplating what would happen to the logic if the wing refuelling control panel door were left fully open)

Logically speaking, another case of tea and biscuits with the Chief Pilot; but this time for the refueller!

Bertie


Bertie Goddard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible that the tank/ engine system is a bit different in a 747-8? I´m getting the FUEL/TANK ENGINE message in a -8 when main tank 1 and 4 contains about 16,000 Kg and main 2 and 3 contains about 20.000kg. So the quantity of tank 1 is equal to 4 and 2 is equal to 3. I thought that all 4 main tanks should contain nearly the same amount of fuel after the "FUEL/TANK ENG" message. 


Greetings from Germany,

 

Maurice Kroll 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, maukro_1990 said:

Is it possible that the tank/ engine system is a bit different in a 747-8? I´m getting the FUEL/TANK ENGINE message in a -8 when main tank 1 and 4 contains about 16,000 Kg and main 2 and 3 contains about 20.000kg. So the quantity of tank 1 is equal to 4 and 2 is equal to 3. I thought that all 4 main tanks should contain nearly the same amount of fuel after the "FUEL/TANK ENG" message. 

They are different. Look ad the fuel system display. 


Koen Meier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to add fuel from Res 1 to Main 1 and Res 4 to Main 4 😉


Regards,

William Vrielynck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, maukro_1990 said:

Is it possible that the tank/ engine system is a bit different in a 747-8? I´m getting the FUEL/TANK ENGINE message in a -8 when main tank 1 and 4 contains about 16,000 Kg and main 2 and 3 contains about 20.000kg. So the quantity of tank 1 is equal to 4 and 2 is equal to 3. I thought that all 4 main tanks should contain nearly the same amount of fuel after the "FUEL/TANK ENG" message. 

Yeah. This is discussed in the Intro a bit, but pay attention to the positioning (and numbering) of the RES tanks on the FUEL display.

So, for TANK/ENG:

(MAIN1 + RES1) >= MAIN 2 // (MAIN4 + RES4) >= MAIN 3

Shown here at 35:55 (moron who made it didn't adjust the audio, though, so it's a bit hard to hear):

 

  • Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yeah. This is discussed in the Intro a bit, but pay attention to the positioning (and numbering) of the RES tanks on the FUEL display.

So, for TANK/ENG:

(MAIN1 + RES1) >= MAIN 2 // (MAIN4 + RES4) >= MAIN 3

Shown here at 35:55 (moron who made it didn't adjust the audio, though, so it's a bit hard to hear):

 

Thanks Kyle...this point should be included into the -8 Introdution/ FCOM i guess!  

Edited by maukro_1990

Greetings from Germany,

 

Maurice Kroll 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, maukro_1990 said:

Thanks Kyle...this point should be included into the -8 Introdution/ FCOM i guess! 

Welcome!

Very last page - 205 - in the 748 supplement of the Intro.

  • Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,035.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...