Sign in to follow this  
dc10boy

Cloud motion gone after latest update

Hi All, after the latest update( build 6239 I believe) in FSX the cloud motion effect never displays even if I am in cloud conditions that should trigger it. Come to think of it I haven't seen the slightest bit of turbulence either, even in windy conditions.Prior to this update I saw the motion effect whenever I entered clouds. Is there any way to roll back to the previous build?. Dummy me forgot to save the last update separate from  the new one.I'm in the process of removing and reinstalling so, I'll report back.
Stan

I agree. I did the update and previously had cloud movement while parked on the ramp but now it is gone.

Don

interestingly enough, I found I had saved my original installer which was build 6197. I removed, then reinstalled this build, and cloud motion reappeared. It is derfinatly in the new build.
Stan

I wish I could get my 6197 back.  I had it on my backup drive, but yesterday it did the monthly backup and overwrote it with 6239. The Problem I have  with 6239 since I installed it the other day is FPS that start to decay as I flew and stutters increased , which I never had before. While I still had a backup copy of 6197, I reinstalled  it, and the stutters went away as did the lower FPS. I should have left well enough alone, but decided to try reinstalling the 6239 update again , and now I have the stutter problem again and no way to go back to 6197.   :fool:

I submitted  a  ticket and asked them if I could just get a fresh copy of 6197...... Guess I will have to fly with my old copy of ASN until this gets fixed. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

This morning ,  found another backup I had of 6197. Just installed it. Hopefully I will be back to pre 6239 performance. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes same here, i did two flights and flew through some thick clouds but did not see any motion effect after the new update, i have all previous released versions i never delete them, but 6197 has a FPS drop problem and with the new one it seems to have fixed it thus i dont feel like rolling back

Aaqib Afzal

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Hi all,

In regards to los of cloud motion in B6239 we are not aware of this bug. If you haven't already can you attempt to clear your shader cache and see if that helps. If not please submit a support ticket from the link below and be sure to include your AS_Log file Simulator Version (P3D, FSX, or FSX-SE) and any reshade packs/mod or if you are using DX10 fixer in FSX. 

http://support.hifitechinc.com/

Thanks! 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Thank you, I submitted a ticket several days ago and Dave has been working on it. I cleared the Shaders and submitted the logs but haven't figured things out yet.

Like I said earlier, Cloud motion is still there but it's not 'in yer face' anymore. It's subtle and where it should be, on the edges of clouds. Good job HiFI. :good:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

yep agree

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Not helpful for those who have this problem, but I want to say that cloud motion works for me with build 6239 (AS16+ASCA on FSX boxed SP2, DX10+Fixer)

• Upvote 1

For me, cloud motion worked in every build since the first implementation.

But not every cloud seems to trigger the effect. I can only guess, but setting up a scenario during night with perhaps a stormy/rainy weather theme, and you should see the effect with landing lights on. Just cycle some traffic pattern :)

Matthias

I reinstalled the full installer version of build 6239 and removed all settings during the uninstall. Cloud motion is back for me now.