Sign in to follow this  
natbrain

No Land 3

For the first time when buying a product, I actually read and followed the manual. I wanted to make sure I was doing everything right. However, whenever I takeoff, once VNAV kicks in, I immediately get a "no land 3" message. I followed all the instructions (unless I missed something) in the manual and yet I still have this error. I've flown United, China Airlines, and El Al thus far. I flew China Airlines twice and actually, I didn't get the message once. But all other times I got it. The QRH explains what it is, but I haven't yet found any solutions yet. I do import my own flight plan from vroute. It doesn't actually affect the flight though, as I can just clear the message, but it does get a bit irritating constantly getting that message. Does anyone have any solutions?

unless I missed something

This is usually the case. This usually occurs when people allow the power to drop at some point after the IRS has been set up. Make sure the aircraft doesn't drop off of power when switching from GPU to APU, or APU to the engines.

If you haven't flown the tutorial, please do so.

Kyle Rodgers

This is usually the case. This usually occurs when people allow the power to drop at some point after the IRS has been set up. Make sure the aircraft doesn't drop off of power when switching from GPU to APU, or APU to the engines.

If you haven't flown the tutorial, please do so.

Thanks. I followed the tutorial before, but I now realized I started skipping steps. I realized I allowed the IRS to align while the APU was powering up, so I'd only align one FMC, and then I'd press AVAIL to turn on the APU. On the 737, I often align the IRS while the APU is powering up, and it's fine. But on the 747 it's different. I should've taken the tutorial one step at a time. Appreciate it.